(Topic ID: 195753)

Can you make Money putting machines on Location?

By trk12fire

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0365 (resized).JPG
    20170815_000218 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There are some people showing an 18 month payoff on games (That SWpro thread) and that would be a dream come true for most.

Right. As Lloyd said, you'll need to learn what games your customers like. I operate pins in a nerd/gaming themed bar and co-working space here, and the spread between the popular themes and the less popular ones is pretty huge. GoT Premium was paid off after around 12 months (after split). Hobbit is on track to reach that milestone after about 18-20 months. World Poker Tour, on the other hand, is not the right kind of gaming for this crowd, so that one seems to land more in the neighborhood of 50-60 months...

Considering our clientele's preferences, we have skipped e.g. Aerosmith even though I personally would have loved to play it. On order currently are Alien, Tron, Dialed In and Star Wars (LE, to get the full package as quickly as possible, and because we're geeks after all). Dialed In is a bit of a wildcard, but we have enough hard-core regular players these days that I think that game will be popular. For the same reason we're probably going to go for a Total Nuclear Annihilation.

#49 2 years ago

Haha, yeah "On order" is not the right wording in that case, I guess. We're buying a used Tron from a fellow collector, and are just waiting to get shipping sorted out, that's all.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

My question is, does the bar owner/business owner have a key to access the game?

In our case, yes; but only because we have established a deep trust with them. They handle the odd ball trap and on a couple of occasions have changed a broken slingshot rubber. If we didn't trust them 100%, I would much rather take those extra trips down to fix those issues myself, rather than risk abuse or being ripped off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    € 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 25.00
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 199.99
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oyvindmo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside