(Topic ID: 195753)

Can you make Money putting machines on Location?

By Da-Shaker

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0365 (resized).JPG
    20170815_000218 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from oyvindmo:

On order currently are Alien, Tron

Tron? o_O

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

(I actually have two EMs on location, and they've not needed a single adjustment, despite getting the most plays).

EM requires less fiddling than solid state/DMD IMO...IF it's played regularly. The issues with EMs seem to come when they don't get played enough, or get too dirty, or humid. Solid state games are bitches. The higher powered flippers and mechs combined with sensitive electronic boards might be fun, but they're terribly ill-suited to putting up with the rigors of frequent play.

Just my opinion. Last time anyone worked on my Crescendo was 2 years ago @ TPF, and I haven't done squat to it in that time, it made it through TPF this year with no issues, and I hardly EVER play the thing at home!

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

This is probably the key. An EM that has been working correctly at home, should be great on location...but I wouldn't put one out with weird/occasional issues.

Pretty much. I had a Card Trix, which refused to award specials (You know...the ENTIRE POINT OF THE GAME) because it relied on this stupid armature switch bent at 45 degrees on the last third of the switch blade to touch a little rubber insulator on the back of a relay plate......not even remotely kidding. I must've spent 40 hours trying to get that POS to work, bought a new armature switch from PBL (NOS!) and *still* couldn't ever get it to be adjusted properly. It pissed me off so much I sold the game. Games like that don't belong on route LOL.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Trying to get "Card Trix" to award specials is like trying to get a rooster to lay eggs!

Call it what you want. Just because the "Specials" are "WOWs" which are extra balls, doesn't make it any less of a "Special". =P

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-make-money-putting-machines-on-location?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.