(Topic ID: 195753)

Can you make Money putting machines on Location?

By Da-Shaker

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0365 (resized).JPG
    20170815_000218 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

I have a GB premium and a GOT pro on location, both earn very well compared to my other machines. There is no way I'd do a 50/50 with any location. That's an old rule of thumb when new pins cost less than $4k. It's easily justifiable to ask for more than 50/50, especially if you have superb equipment and you are doing all the work. As far as proprietors saying a table brings in 10k, that's not a good comparison. Pinball's are an attraction even more so today with the lack of locations to play. Pinball attracts customers to play, then to also take part in the other services of the location like food and drinks. Pinball typically brings in a group of people, not just in one person at a time. I would recommend at least two pins at a location, 4 or more is ideal. The more you have, the bigger the groups come in to play. Lastly, you are not going to make any real money routing pins, more or less you will earn enough to pay the deprecated value and a little for your efforts. You'll need other equipment like a touch tunes and or pool tables. I enjoy people getting to experience good pins and I have justification to have more machines.

#13 6 years ago

Industry standard (at least around here). Is 30-35% to the proprietors. This is not just pinball. There are a lot of locations that pay to rent equipment for the attraction it brings and the maintenance support for the equipment.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Are those ugly cross bar locks that go across the coin door a must have? I'd hate to put one on my machine.

If someone is determined to get into your machine, they are going to do it. The idea of locks on the coin doors keep honest people honest. The idea of lockbars make crooks extreme vandals. In the end, a lockbar is just going to cause more damage. Better to have a little damage and lost cash vs. a lot of damage and lost cash. Also, don't clean out your machines in public view, try to do it before the location opens, if you have the playfield up and working on a pin, throw a rag in the cash pan to cover up the money.

I would suggest not putting your machines where they aren't in plain view or sketchy locations.

You could take it a step forward if you had concerns and get a coin exchanger that gives tokens for your machines. There are also apps that can allow a customer to pay that way. So there is never any "money" in the pins, only worthless tokens.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-make-money-putting-machines-on-location?tu=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.