Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I’ve had bad days, but not like this poor guy.

#2 5 years ago

WOW, did they find him?

#3 5 years ago

I really want to say fake but I'm not sure.

#4 5 years ago

Cheese factory in England. He was fine, took eight hours to dig him out according to story.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-shropshire-36235721

Older story I guess, but I just ran across it. Can you imagine if stern stacked machines like that, and that happened? People would lose their minds!

#5 5 years ago

HOLY DOMINO!!!! glad he is ok!

#6 5 years ago

Thus starting the great debated cheeze price fix of 2015.

#7 5 years ago

I remember this. It sent me down a fork truck accident videos worm hole.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I’ve had bad days, but not like this poor guy.

That would take around 4 days to cleanup. Separating damaged boxes from good ones. Re stacking and re-wrapping the pallets. Then possibly weeks to get a better designed rack system, delivered and installed.

#9 5 years ago

Imagine if that happened at Home Depot

#10 5 years ago

It did

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Cheese factory in England. He was fine, took eight hours to dig him out according to story.

Thanks for clearing that up because I felt sick when I saw the video, thought there was no way that dude lived.

#12 5 years ago

Wow, total domino effect. Did he get fired? I'd definitely be hunting for a new job after that. I took out a overhead door with a forklift at a pipeyard i ran once and felt like a total moron. Couldn't find a new job fast enough.

#13 5 years ago

At our flooring store, we have a 10' steel pole attachment to pick up rolls of carpet or vinyl. About 12 years ago, I put it thru an installers back window while getting him loaded. It was February in Colorado, and his heater was broken. It wasn't a good day. Haven't had an issue since!

#14 5 years ago

At 4:29 of ChubToad13's link -- that's exactly how we lost two brand new Data General MV/10K mainframe computers... a kajillion years ago.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I really want to say fake but I'm not sure.

FAKE!!

#16 5 years ago

I wonder what OSHA (or the British equivalent) would say...

This might actually have been a lesser disaster at Stern. Cheese is fairly dense and boxed pinballs contain a lot of empty space, so I’d bet a pinball box-sized volume of cheese (yummy) is significantly heavier than a pinball machine. If those shelves had been stacked with pins, they might have been more stable and more resistant to being obliterated by a fairly innocent looking forklift blunder.

Happy the guy is OK, but the poor bastard is never going to live this one down!

#17 5 years ago

Every time I see a forklift vid, I think of Klaus.

Probably NSFW. Watch till the end.

rd

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Every time I see a forklift vid, I think of Klaus.
    Probably NSFW. Watch till the end.
    rd

And the moral of that video is....don’t let women on the factory floor.......

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-imagine-this-guy-at-stern?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.