(Topic ID: 147506)

Can you identify this hockey game? Update:Found!

By Foo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hockey_(resized).jpg
    BBChampA.jpg
    DSC02866.jpg
    20151223_194548_(resized).jpg
    20151223_190856_(resized).jpg
    20151223_190918_(resized).jpg
    20151223_190206_(resized).jpg
    hockey_side_(resized).jpg
    hockey_pf_(resized).jpg
    hockey_backbox_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I picked up this hockey game from a friend and spent the last few days getting it cleaned up and working. It's purely mechanical for game play, but it does have wiring for 4 playfield lights and the backbox lights. The only problem is that the backglass was missing, so I have no idea what the game's name is or its year of manufacture. The backbox would have been installed on the side of the machine and the glass would have been about 21 x 14.

Also note: These aren't the original legs...

Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

hockey_backbox_(resized).jpghockey_backbox_(resized).jpg

hockey_pf_(resized).jpghockey_pf_(resized).jpg

hockey_side_(resized).jpghockey_side_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

That's awesome

#4 8 years ago

Here are some more pics for those of you curious as to what makes this game tick. It's a really simple yet ingenious mech. Put a nickel in the coin slot, push that in, a rod on the end of the coin mech pushes on a metal bar that in turn opens both goals - draining the balls down to the center area. You then push the red handled rod to lift a ball up to the playfield... errr.... rink, just like an old EM pinball.

20151223_190206_(resized).jpg20151223_190206_(resized).jpg

20151223_190918_(resized).jpg20151223_190918_(resized).jpg

20151223_190856_(resized).jpg20151223_190856_(resized).jpg

20151223_194548_(resized).jpg20151223_194548_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

It looks like some variety of Chicago Coin "Twin Hockey".

#6 8 years ago

that's neat.. SIMPLETON FUN!!! I still would take my super chexx ALLLLLLLLL DAY... ha

neat vintage piece!

#7 8 years ago

I love this type of stuff. It's very similar to a United Team Hockey I had.

DSC02866.jpgDSC02866.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Aha, it looks like a cut down Champion Hockey by Max Manufacturing. Cool stuff.

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/maxcham.htm

#9 8 years ago

Wow.... that's it! Nice detective work.

Those original graphics are really cool.

Some operator probably got sick of lugging around that giant cabinet and said F it and pulled out the saw.

#10 8 years ago

Yeah, it's too bad it got cut down but still a very cool game. And it looks nice with those legs. Finding that backglass may be a challenge. I think the same op might of got a hold of this Basketball Champ I had.

BBChampA.jpgBBChampA.jpg

#11 8 years ago

hockey_(resized).jpghockey_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Some operator probably got sick of lugging around that giant cabinet and said F it and pulled out the saw

Original cabinet might have been damaged too. I guess we will never know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-identify-this-hockey-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.