(Topic ID: 70250)

Can you identify these parts from my Getaway?

By yonkiman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yonkiman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0370 [800x600].JPG
image-33.jpg
banktop.jpg
image.jpg
image-758.jpg
image.jpg
2013-11-14 15.03.40.jpg
pieces_that_gotaway.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I'm almost done putting it all back together...but I haven't found a home for these two guys:
pieces_that_gotaway.jpg
Do they look familiar to anyone?

#2 6 years ago

Tall white one goes under a plastic somewhere to hold it up.

No idea on small one.

Round one goes in the coin chute.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

The piece on the left is a "do-hickey" and on the right a "thing-a-ma-bob".

Robert

#4 6 years ago

I just looked over my getaway and I can't find a white spacer like that. Will prob tear mine apart tonight and if I see that piece I will respond

#5 6 years ago

If you don't have extra parts left over then you didn't do the job correct

#6 6 years ago

The tall white one goes under the plastic on the left side across from the Supercharger ramp, it should have a metal post as well. There is only one of them on the playfield. The little one, I have no idea where that goes...never seen it before.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from cardfelon:

If you don't have extra parts left over then you didn't do the job correct

Then I did good! Here are my leftovers:
2013-11-14 15.03.40.jpg

(I know where the plastic goes - just can't face what I need to undo to put it back. ) It seems to be playing OK - just need to adjust the ramp so it will go down as well as up...

Thanks for the help and/or grins, everyone!

-Fred

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Then I did good! Here are my leftovers:

(I know where the plastic goes - just can't face what I need to undo to put it back. ) It seems to be playing OK - just need to adjust the ramp so it will go down as well as up...
Thanks for the help and/or grins, everyone!
-Fred

2013-11-14 15.03.40.jpg 83 KB

I tore my HS2 up a week ago, and when I put it back together, I completely forgot about that corner plastic too! :DD Well, I didn't want to remove everything again, so I spent 20 minutes sliding it into postion with screwdrivers and whatnot I could use, then use a long thin magnetic screw driver to get the screws down there and get it screwed in place... Was a heck of a job

#10 6 years ago

That's it, Chrizg, thanks. My post is naked but the plastic's getting plenty of support from the railing.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I tore my HS2 up a week ago, and when I put it back together, I completely forgot about that corner plastic too! :DD Well, I didn't want to remove everything again, so I spent 20 minutes sliding it into postion with screwdrivers and whatnot I could use, then use a long thin magnetic screw driver to get the screws down there and get it screwed in place... Was a heck of a job

LOL! I thought about doing the same thing - thanks for letting me know it's possible.

I wonder if everyone named Fred with a Getaway forgets this part...

-Fred

#12 6 years ago

I didn't see that small white spacer. I posted the last pics while tearing down. Def one of my faster take offs. I love games that come apart fast esp when you have a lot of games to get through. Really nice the supercharger ramp is all connected and 2 plugs. Now to polish and reassemble.

image.jpg

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I posted the last pics while tearing down. Def one of my faster take offs. I love games that come apart fast esp when you have a lot of games to get through. Really nice the supercharger ramp is all connected and 2 plugs. Now to polish and reassemble.

Did you go from full playfield to that stripped down in just a few hours? Damn, I need to step up my game!

#14 6 years ago

OK, in addition to having leftover pieces, I seem to be missing one (the metal strip over the targets) that can be clearly seen on HEP's Getaway:
banktop.jpg
Is that a standard part?

#15 6 years ago

I don't think so.. Mine didn't have it and when I looked online I didn't see it on other pics

Pic from IMBD

image-33.jpg

#16 6 years ago

Hi - late to the party, but no mine doesn't (or didn't) have the metal strip either. Also don't remember seeing the other unknown part in the first post.

Slowly getting mine back together as well - I needed to take more pictures of the underside though to verify some things.

While on the topic, did anyone else have mylar around the pop bumpers and the drops near the slings?

Here is mine just after I started putting things back:
IMG_0370 [800x600].JPG

#17 6 years ago

Mine doesn't have the metal strip either. Must be something HEP added...and it looks like it should have been there all along.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

While on the topic, did anyone else have mylar around the pop bumpers and the drops near the slings?

Yep, I have mylar in those spots as well. I just left it on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Boards
PinSound
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 109.99
$ 16.00
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 28.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vancouver, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside