By henhel

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 10 years ago

I have someone right now shopping out a TAXI (no LED) I was told I have first chance at it. he wants $2500, would that be about right. I really do not know how much he has actually put into the pin. He has been working on it for 3 weeks now. Called him on Sat, said he is waiting on more parts problably 2 wks more, I am getting the feeling that he might hit me up for more, but 3 wks ago he said $2500.

#2 10 years ago

$1000-$1500 is what I've been seeing them go for.

#3 10 years ago

Right on the money here. My buddy just picked upa decent Taxi for a grand. Was sitting in CL for a couple weeks @1200

Quoted from mario_1_up:

$1000-$1500 is what I've been seeing them go for.

#4 10 years ago

I thought you just bought a pin a few days ago. Already looking for #2???

Taxi is a great pin, but that is a bit steep. If its really nice, I would say no more than 1600-1700.

#5 10 years ago

$2500 for a shopped Taxi is a terrible deal. $2500 for a restored Taxi is a good deal. It all depends on what has been done.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for all the help. yes this is my 2nd pin, but I have not bought it yet, just feeling things out!

#7 10 years ago

Hugsc would buy a $2500 Taxi.

#8 10 years ago

I paid $1100 for mine 2 weeks ago. Cabinet is in awesome condition. Playfield has some wear. Mine is a "Lola" version.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from ashburton:

$2500 for a shopped Taxi is a terrible deal. $2500 for a restored Taxi is a good deal. It all depends on what has been done.

If it has a new Classic Playfield in it....then it's worth that price. CHECK the Spinout Ramp!

#10 10 years ago

Probably 90% of these that are not restored in any way or playfield swapped will have wear. especially in the pop bumper area and the ball drops. check the spinout ramp for cracks, those things are impossible to find. left ramp where the catapult hits is usually spiderwebbed.

#11 10 years ago

from all that I have read I am guessing that $2500 is way too much!!!

#12 10 years ago

Just went on Mr Pinball Classified-- 4 TAXI listed none below $2200 --in this post the prices given are well below $2000--so whats up with that? Who's right?? The people in the classified ads are just pinheads like us so I don't get it. Maybe $2500 is really not that far off, now I am confused. Oh well I guess I will have to make my own judgement when the time comes.

#13 10 years ago

Asking price and selling price are two different things. 1500 to 1700 for a nice shopped Taxi at maximum.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from henhel:

Just went on Mr Pinball Classified-- 4 TAXI listed none below $2200 --in this post the prices given are well below $2000--so whats up with that? Who's right?? The people in the classified ads are just pinheads like us so I don't get it. Maybe $2500 is really not that far off, now I am confused. Oh well I guess I will have to make my own judgement when the time comes.

How long have those been sitting?
Unless fully restored, that's too much. I paid 1k for my ok but less than perfect taxi.

#15 10 years ago

Bought mine for 1200, plays very well but does have wear, 2500 is way too much unless its the nicest you have ever seen.

#16 10 years ago

I would consider $2500 to be a retail price. If you want to pay that, its up to you. It should be fully shopped and everything working 100%. That's up to you to check everything. I've bought a game at retail before, but it's someone I know and trust. I know what I'm getting from them. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

#17 10 years ago

Mr. Pinball was in the realm of sanity, price wise 4 years ago. Now.... sorry, not so much. Nothing more then sharks looking for tuna! A decent Taxi: $1200 to $1800 and yes, your going to put more $$$ into it. ~SpOoKy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-help-me-out-with-price-check-on-taxi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.