Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001 (3) (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Ahh the days of bowling alleys and pinball machines.....
I have attached a photo. I couldn't blow it up enough to make out the title. The photo was taken in 71'.
I know the one next to it was Williams Olympic Hockey. and the one being played is a Williams as well (I think).
My favorite Williams of the day was Expo.

Thanks,
Steve in Fla.

001 (3) (resized).jpg001 (3) (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

That's "Fan-Tas-Tic".

John

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

That's "Fan-Tas-Tic".
John

#fan-tas-tic
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=820

Note that IPDB gives June 1972 as manufacture date. Doesn’t match with your photo date.

#4 3 years ago

Swinger on the far right. The one to the left of it will be tricky to figure out.

#5 3 years ago

The game between Swinger and Hockey pinball is likely a BLY or WMS single player.
Swinger did not go into production until late 72 early 73, with exception of the sample games production.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

The game between Swinger and Hockey pinball is likely a BLY or WMS single player.

Glad you weighed in on this. More to check out but I’m wondering if it’s a pin or some kind of novelty machine.

If the OP wasn’t such a ham (like me) in the pic, we might know by now.

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

Thanks to all who helped. I wasn't the one in the photo, twas' a friend of mine.
Hey - trying to remember something from when I was 14 or 15 was a stretch !!
I have a way more challenging photo (I'll have to scan a Polaroid) from one of the arcades at Daytona.

Much appreciated !!

Steve

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Swinger did not go into production until late 72 early 73, with exception of the sample games production.

I guess we can never know for sure, but I'll take a stab at it and say it's a Bally "Trio".

#9 3 years ago

One more vote for Fan-Tas-Tic. The cabinet art matches as does the backglass.

#10 3 years ago

Obviously the game he's playing is a Williams "Fan-Tas-Tic". That's not debatable. The third game in the row is not readily identifiable. I think we can only guess what it is considering the photo that's been posted.

#11 3 years ago

Some clues on the unknown machine: The three identified machines are Williams machines, so it might be that the unknown machine is also a Williams, because some operators only dealt with one manufacturer. Big clue is the color of the pedestal the backbox sits on is a red/orange color. I think most Williams machine of that era had a black pedestal. It could be a 1-player machine, but the angle of the photo might hide that it's actually a 2/4 player machine. Also, the three identified machines were released in 1971-1972. I'm assuming the unknown machine was released in the same time frame - 1971, 1972, early 1973? Trying to match the backglass art shapes and colors, it looks similar to a Super Star , but that machine had a black pedestal. It's still a mystery ?????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-help-identify-this-machine- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.