(Topic ID: 271744)

Can you help a noob with a flipper rebuild?

By coop

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Well, I swapped the parts out and everything seems fine but when I turned the game on the flipper doesn't work anymore.

Now, it's not totally dead, there seems to be a little power getting to the coil but it's just not snapping up as it should.

Have a look at the video. What did I do wrong?

#2 3 years ago

First thing. File new EOS points so they clean and then good tension holding them closed.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Alligator clip that eos switch shut and see if it flips then. If so, you need to adjust the eos so it has good tension and keeps good contact when the flipper is at rest.

#4 3 years ago

Looks like the end of stroke switch contacts are not touching.

#5 3 years ago

Oh dang it, I did it again and took it for granted that the switch "looked" good but it was not actually making solid contact. I'm learning.

That was it. Another simple fix. I thought I must have put a part in backwards or something more extreme.

Thanks again for the help LTG chuckwurt and KenLayton

#6 3 years ago

Contacts should be closed with the flipper at rest. When the plunger is fully pulled in, then the contacts should be open. If the contacts stayed closed all the time, the coil would burn up.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from coop:

I thought I must have put a part in backwards or something more extreme.

Ha I always find this the hardest thing to learn, and then live. Keep it simple stupid! Always go easiest first...easier said than done I know.

#8 3 years ago

Glad you got that sorted out. For the future, you should see the shorter blade follow the long one a bit before it separates. That way you can visually verify the needed bias/pressure.

Now can we discuss the phantom points seemingly for each flip? Maybe just the spinner from the inverted playfield??

#9 3 years ago

following

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-help-a-noob-with-a-flipper-rebuild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.