Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ab80d91de22d519f26b213e35599060a6c4f089b (resized).jpg
ccc06.gif
a63384ac5101f940fc033aba63bd1f4c63001ad4 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I was working on a MET Pro and have quite a few mods already installed, but when putting on the blue LED for the mystery hole it made the machine stop working. Later found it blew a fuse? Anyone got any input on this?? Should I stop where I am with the mods and not put any more on or was that just by chance and really mods shouldn't be a problem?

#2 2 years ago

There is a chance it blew a fuse because you connected to the wrong place. How/where did you connect it?

#4 2 years ago

I have never heard of people having issues with SAM games and their mods drawing too much power. Many people run multiple splitters off of the +5v / +12v connection that is inside the cabinet near the service outlet. Something may have shorted out as PinballManiac40 said.

Pinball Life does sell an accessory power board, but that is for SPIKE 1 / 2 games. If it is a power draw issue, you could look into Rock Custom Pinball's Game On power supply:

https://www.rockcustompinball.com/game-on

It will provide an additional 3 amps of +12v DC power, includes an 8 way power splitter, plugs into the game's service outlet and is turned on and off by a light sensitive relay switch...so it can turn on and off with the game's power switch.

#5 2 years ago

Depends on what mods you have installed. A single blue led on the mystery hole seems very unlikely to blow a fuse. Can you test the mod off a 9v battery to see if it lights?

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the info I will test out all the above. As for connecting I do believe it was in the right spot the entire time but I don't know exactly when it blew to know for certain what I was doing when it happened. I know to look for it now though. Is there a best spot to get some extra fuses??

#7 2 years ago

Too much of anything is not good... That being said tasteful mods are a good thing and you can even get a return on what you spend. Tasteful : Color DMD,
Speaker upgrades, LEDs, Matching Armor, Antiglare Glass, Toppers, Mirror or Blade Decals, Detached Sub, ect...

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from miztar:

...but when putting on the blue LED for the mystery hole it made the machine stop working. Later found it blew a fuse? ...

How much current does the LED mod draw?

#9 2 years ago

This is STTNG. This is STTNG with too many mods. Any questions?

1 (resized).jpga63384ac5101f940fc033aba63bd1f4c63001ad4 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

hah thanks for the help.. I been avoiding mods that limit viewing I like an open board... so lots of LED's (snake mouth, mystery u hole, fule) then cemetery arches and coffin for ball lock are ones I got right now.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from miztar:

As for connecting I do believe it was in the right spot the entire time

How about a picture showing how you connected it?

#12 2 years ago

one is enough for anybody
ccc06.gif

#14 2 years ago

You can leave the mod disconnected and change the fuse to see if the game functions properly before trying to add it in again. Still, we need to see a picture of how/where your connected it.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Too much of anything is not good... That being said tasteful mods are a good thing and you can even get a return on what you spend. Tasteful : Color DMD,
Speaker upgrades, LEDs, Matching Armor, Antiglare Glass, Toppers, Mirror or Blade Decals, Detached Sub, ect...

Except sex and money. Just sayin....

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This is STTNG. This is STTNG with too many mods. Any questions?[quoted image][quoted image]

The second one looks like an action figure display cabinet.

#17 2 years ago

Only one mod is necessary on any machine. A pingulp beverage holder.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This is STTNG. This is STTNG with too many mods. Any questions?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll see your STTNG and raise you a TSPP!

ab80d91de22d519f26b213e35599060a6c4f089b (resized).jpg
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That still has the Borg Type 03 ship under there. Why didn’t they replace it with a Cube? Not enough mods.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

pingulp beverage holder.

Til old uncle Charlie get all liquored up and spills that beer all over your game in which case the beer flows inside sparks start flyin causing a arc fault catches the game on fire while everybody upstairs
Old uncle Charlie is now passed out while the game room is burning outta control
Fire Dept is on the way and evacuation is ongoing. Next day when your sifting through ashes of your home you find that melted pin cup still bolted the leg. Just sayin.

#21 2 years ago

I think TZ could be the most heavily modded game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Louis , MO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!