(Topic ID: 332779)

Can you drive a coil with a momentary switch

By WeirPinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5079 (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

Never tried anything like this, but need a coil hooked to reset scoring on an old soccer game. Game runs on 220V, but has 110 coming in that I can run a transformer off of to get the coil voltage. Have a momentary switch right now that resets the timer that shuts off the motor after 5 minutes (game over), but need something that can mechanically reset the score - has a coil in there now that is toast along with toasted timer electronics. Was hoping I could get a double pole momentary switch to reset the timer and pop the coil to reset score at the same time.

#2 1 year ago

Use a relay.

#3 1 year ago

any idea what kind? All I have available now is 110 and 220 AC

#4 1 year ago

If you have no other voltages available a 110v relay in dptp. If you have lower voltage available use that for safety and get a lower voltage activated relay that rated to switch the higher voltage.

#5 1 year ago

Don't you already have power that runs coils??

Just tap into that

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from turbo2nr:

Don't you already have power that runs coils??
    Just tap into that

No just 110 that bumps up through a transformer to 220. There is one coil in there but it was run by a timer and everything is welded together so I can't get in that box it was all 220 before anyway.

#7 1 year ago
    DSCN5079 (resized).JPGDSCN5079 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-drive-a-coil-with-a-momentary-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.