(Topic ID: 158558)

Can You Buy New Metallica Playfields from Stern?

By mrgregb123

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Metallica-rubber-map_(resized).png
metallica-lighting_(resized).png
playfield-lights_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I see people posting them on here for $550-$700. Can you just buy one via a distributor? What is the going price?

#2 7 years ago

Yes, Automated has plenty of them for sale on EBay.

#3 7 years ago

Link? I just searched and didn't see any. Just wondering what the going price is.

#4 7 years ago

A simple eBay search of current items for sale OR a search of sold listing can be selected as well if there are none currently available.
Price varies between game and models. There is an entire thread on pinside with playfield for sale or trade, which may have the info you seek.

#5 7 years ago

you can't get the premium/le anymore. trust me I've been trying.

#6 7 years ago

Weird, a search on eBay shows none for sale and none ever completed either. Sure we're talking about the same thing?

Anyway I found the thread for playfield buy/sell/trade. But no Metallica pricing. So nobody knows what these go for from a disty?

#7 7 years ago

I just seen one for sale NOS. It's either here on Pinside or Ebay.

#8 7 years ago

there is a nos here on pinside it's a pro think it is around 550

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Weird, a search on eBay shows none for sale and none ever completed either. Sure we're talking about the same thing?
Anyway I found the thread for playfield buy/sell/trade. But no Metallica pricing. So nobody knows what these go for from a disty?

Yes, I'm sure.

#11 7 years ago

I saw the one on here for $550. What I am asking is what is the standard price from a distributor?

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I saw the one on here for $550. What I am asking is what is the standard price from a distributor?

Ask a distributor.

#13 7 years ago

Had no idea such a basic question would turn into a useless thread. If you don't know the answer, why respond with "ask a distributor"? I thought someone on Pinside might have already done so and might know. Apparently not. No problem. Thx

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

why respond with "ask a distributor"? I thought someone on Pinside might have already done so and might know. Apparently not. No problem. Thx

Because it seemed, after 15 hours, that you still hadn't tried the most direct route to get your answer.

Good luck with your research.

#15 7 years ago

Wow this place can be brutal lol

#16 7 years ago

Considering the difficulty finding a Sparky, I can understand why the OP is asking for playfield shopping advice.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

you can't get the premium/le anymore. trust me I've been trying.

I wonder why this is. Kind of silly for Stern not to help their customers get a new PF while getting some extra cash for it on the side.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Had no idea such a basic question would turn into a useless thread. If you don't know the answer, why respond with "ask a distributor"? I thought someone on Pinside might have already done so and might know. Apparently not. No problem. Thx

That's because Stern doesn't sell direct to public on these kinda items. Contact one of the more well known distributors and they may be able to help you out. If you don't know any I'm sure some here can point you in the right direction.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That's because Stern doesn't sell direct to public in these kinda items.

Well yes they do...to a certain extent cuz I just bought a new 2011 Rolling Stones pf for $189+$19 shipping. The pf is perfect, smooth as glass too and not a 2nd.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well yes they do...to a certain extent cuz I just bought a new 2011 Rolling Stones pf for $189+$19 shipping. The pf is perfect, smooth as glass too and not a 2nd.

Well ya when there is little demand and they close things out. Good luck getting a Metallica PF on close out.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Considering the difficulty finding a Sparky, I can understand why the OP is asking for playfield shopping advice.

Very difficult

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7810-00

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I was tempted to buy one for that price.....thought it would be cool for wall art with lights, but hell....when would I get around to doing that....

4 weeks later
#23 7 years ago

I created charts of rubbers and LEDs for Metallica Pro on google docs. Feel free to comment and make suggestions. I hope someone finds these useful.

Thread for Rubbers - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-improved-stern-metallica-pro-rubber-chart
Thread for LEDs - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-improved-stern-metallica-pro-led-map-and-list

Examples from the google doc
metallica-lighting_(resized).pngmetallica-lighting_(resized).png
Metallica-rubber-map_(resized).pngMetallica-rubber-map_(resized).png

playfield-lights_(resized).JPGplayfield-lights_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-buy-new-metallica-playfields-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.