(Topic ID: 166957)

Can you buy happiness with a pinball machine?

By jasino313

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).png
2-Boiler-Room-quotes (resized).png
thats-so-80s.jpg
toycastle (resized).jpg
happiness pinball (resized).png
2015pics 007 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SHOOTTHEPYRAMID.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 7 years ago

As someone who is currently experiencing seperation anxiety due to not owning a pinball machine for the first time in four plus years, yes they can absolutely buy happiness. That being said, I highly advise against buying NIB for your first machine. Test the waters of ownership with an older game so if you decide pinball ownership isn't for you it'll be easier to let the game go, easier to sell it, and if you can't sell it for some time, it's only a two thousand dollar headache rather than a 6k plus headache.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Its far better to cry in a Ferrari than a pinto.

I disagree with this sentiment. You're basically saying that it is better to waste a lot of money frivolously than to waste a little bit of money in the same way. My 'risk spending' philosophy is "if you don't know how it's gonna taste, it's better to take a bite small enough to spit out than one too big to chew". If this person decides pinball ownership isn't for them, I highly doubt they will find any comfort in thinking "well it's better to cry in front of a 6k ghostbusters than a 1k sorcerer"

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Nope, that is not what that means or at least what I take it to mean. Everyone has problems no matter what financial status you are in. Also, some people are happy naturally and some aren't. But if you have the money to buy a Ferrari can tell you do not have the worries and the stress that someone who lives from paycheck to paycheck and can barely afford to make ends meet. Take a look at these movie star and rich people and see haw good they look ad older ages than someone who has no money. Yes they can afford to pamper themselves but they also do not have the stress and worry of being dead ass broke.

Sure, but you're making this a financial issue, when the dilemma is clearly about op's interest in the hobby. Spend all ya want, doesn't matter if 6k is a drop in the ocean or your life savings. The point I'm trying to make is that if you are unsure about something, no need to dive head first into the deep end and risk drowning, dip your feet in and decide if you wanna go further. Even the richest of the rich can understand that if you invest in something that you're on the fence about its best to have a safety net of minimizing your financial losses should you're interest in that subject wane or disappear.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I guess we are in the same boat then. Pass me a beer. Do we have Bush or Natural Light?

I've got a cellar full of beers I couldn't afford then, and don't have space for now. Let's all get together and share stories of hobbies that took control of every aspect of our life!!!!!! Story that goes from "hell yeah" to "I'm f$@#ed" the quickest wins some of my baseball cards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SHOOTTHEPYRAMID.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-buy-happiness-with-a-pinball-machine?tu=SHOOTTHEPYRAMID and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.