Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by OlDirty
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180925_214754 (resized).jpg
    20181001_004039 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I had to pass this screenshot along b/c to me it represents a new level of realism within the virtual pinball world. I don't want to get into the physics and how it's not the "real" thing. I just wanted to alert others of the technical achievements being made in the virtual space.

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/TAF_0908_plastics.png

Addams Family - Soon to be released on VPX. This was taken from monsterbashpincab.com

Truly amazing! Zoom in and around - I still can't believe it's not real.

#11 5 years ago

yeah - as I expected some pinsiders didn't read my full message as I clearly mention this is not a judgment on pinball vs virtual - this is simply to appreciate what they are achieving in the virtual space b/c to me, this literally looks real. I just hope it's not like the madden xbox 360 hype video that doesn't deliver!

#26 5 years ago

I recently bought a virtual pin. I rebuilt the computer inside and replaced the tv with a 4k. With the latest software and
    the absolute raw power of this computer (GPU really matters), visual pinball has never looked or played this well.

No real flipper lag that I can detect (monitor/tv is very important so find the one with the lowest input lag). It's incredibly smooth (like pinball arcade 60fps) yet plays like/not exact but very close to a real machine as the physics engine is really good. These
    new tables that are coming out are absolutely gorgeous and as someone mentioned early, it really helps scratch the itch
    of tables you don't want to buy but get that taste and move on. I'm putting in a pin2dmd soon - currently have pindmd2 (I know
    super confusing) but I want color. My previous virtual (vpcabs) had a monitor for the DMD and now owning real, it's the way
    to go as the DMD is so much vibrant - well it's like using a realy dmd b/c it is!

I'm really happy with the cab I have. Word to the wise - force feedback is IMPERATIVE. You will see people say it's not needed
    there is even something called Poor Mans Feedback now called Surround Sound feedback. It's better than nothing but it's not
    a replacement (hence the name). If you're going to jump into VP, go all in and get that feedback b/c it really does help
    further trick the brain. The full size cab also blends right in to my current setup. Very happy with it!

Btw 4k is another huge difference compared to what I had before. I'm not a believer in 4k in general as I never really saw a big difference...with VP there's different and I think it's bc I'm so close to the tv playing it. Things are so crisp and clear I can even read the text on the virtual apron cards!
    20181001_004039 (resized).jpg20181001_004039 (resized).jpg

20180925_214754 (resized).jpg20180925_214754 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #29 5 years ago

Bought used professional build. I ended up upgrading it with 4K tv better got etc. it’s working super well

1 year later
    #33 4 years ago

Yep! It's what I currently play now and blows the roof off of 2d. Performance and physics continues to be a challenge but that's not new. A great alternative never a replacement but great to have

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-you-believe-this-isn-t-real-new-virtual-pin-achievement?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.