(Topic ID: 224414)

Can we stop wiping down games with the underside of your shirt? Gross!

By pinlink

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by yuriijos
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (resized).jpg
    fat-bastard (resized).jpg
    images(2).jpg
    Towelie-never-forget (resized).jpg
    towelie-dont-forget (resized).jpg
    flint (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    _pdp_sq_ (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    5x2_George_protecting_his_hands.png

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I also jokingly mentioned pro player DD glove apparel. Some fingerless gloves with cushioned palms for nudging and helping keep the heat and sweat contained to the player. Thinking of weight lifting gloves...

You don't need any padding on gloves since your hands don't need them to start with. I takes awHile to get used to gloves, and a lot of people will never like them.

Quoted from CNKay:

I guess he didn't think it was a good idea??

It's a "tad" too much

#102 1 year ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

I guess he didn't think it was a good idea??

I agree with him. Attach it to your body if you want one. I don’t want to have to worry about clearing the game of someone’s belongs before I step up to play.

#103 1 year ago

Just stopping in to say that restaurant menus and ketchup bottles in restaurants are apocalyptically dirty. Touched by everyone, literally never cleaned. Imagine how many slimy sneezy kid hands touch them.

Also, your kitchen hand towels have so much bacteria on them, I had a biology professor tell us "If you knew what was on them, you'd never touch one ever again."

And finally, your shower scrubber/loofa actually has so much bacteria in it, it makes you dirtier than if you hadn't used it at all. All the dead skin cells that get sloughed off you that are entrapped in the scrubber, that sit in a warm moist environment make for a delightful meal for all the bacteria. When you go to use it again, you're literally just smearing dead skin cells and bacteria all over yourself--and rinsing yourself off doesn't get rid of it all off your body.

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Just stopping in to say that restaurant menus and ketchup bottles in restaurants are apocalyptically dirty. Touched by everyone, literally never cleaned. Imagine how many slimy sneezy kid hands touch them.
    Also, your kitchen hand towels have so much bacteria on them, I had a biology professor tell us "If you knew what was on them, you'd never touch one ever again."
    And finally, your shower scrubber/loofa actually has so much bacteria in it, it makes you dirtier than if you hadn't used it at all. All the dead skin cells that get sloughed off you that are entrapped in the scrubber, that sit in a warm moist environment make for a delightful meal for all the bacteria. When you go to use it again, you're literally just smearing dead skin cells and bacteria all over yourself--and rinsing yourself off doesn't get rid of it all off your body.

Thanks for the disgusting info, Max!

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Thanks for the disgusting info, Max!

Don't thank me! Thank your immune system!

#106 1 year ago

If any of you have access to a stereo microscope:

Rub the tips of your fingers together until they are warm
    Then immediately view your fingertips under the scope
    Once you see the multiple droplets of sweat emerging through the tips of your fingers - you will never want to shake hands with anyone ever again!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

#107 1 year ago

OK, Where's the tournament?!

fat-bastard (resized).jpg
    #108 1 year ago
    Quoted from mwsmith:

OK, Where's the tournament?!
    [quoted image]

How did you get that picture of me!?!?!?!

#109 1 year ago

$20 to the first person to whip out a pair of ladies panties to wipe down a game. Oh and tote bag to carry them around in.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

$20 to the first person to whip out a pair of ladies panties to wipe down a game. Oh and tote bag to carry them around in.

You need to come out with Pinball Star towels!!

#111 1 year ago

I usually lick the lock down bar with my tongue right away to assert dominance over the rest of the crowd.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from adania:

I would LOVE it if more events offered commemorative towels rather than t-shirts.

FWIW, for many years the IPDB has offered a nice embroidered golf towel for a donation of $75 or more.

https://www.ipdb.org/support/ipd-towel-large.gif

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

This issue is way overblown.

Just like those dolls at the brothel up in Toronto mentioned earlier.

If you don’t like it or think it is unsanitary to play in a tourney, just bring bring a towel.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

When you say "loofa" , picture Caddy Shack.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

When someone reeks of BO and sweat and wipes their grossness on the machine right before you play it, that shit is nasty. If you're cool with it, awesome. Seems disrespectful to the other players to me.

hum... sounds like a great pin tourney strategy to keep your opponents thinking about anything other than kicking your arse.
    I think you may see it increase in frequency now.

FTR; I don't participate in tourneys... so it aint me.

#116 1 year ago

You guys make me afraid to start a thread on here! LOL

#117 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I usually lick the lock down bar with my tongue right away to assert dominance over the rest of the crowd.

I've probably licked worse... while drunk... back in the 80s and 90s; wink, wink, nudge, nudge

#118 1 year ago
    download (resized).jpg
    #119 1 year ago
    Quoted from klr650:

If any of you have access to a stereo microscope:
    Rub the tips of your fingers together until they are warm
    Then immediately view your fingertips under the scope
    Once you see the multiple droplets of sweat emerging through the tips of your fingers - you will never want to shake hands with anyone ever again!
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

#120 1 year ago

Creepshow!!! Wow...blast from the past. “All these damn bugs.”

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

All these damn bugs

I see no bugs, only water. What's the big deal?

#122 1 year ago
    Quoted from mof:

I see no bugs, only water. What's the big deal?

?? It’s a quote from that scene in the movie.

#123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My mom died earlier this year from sepsis. It stemmed from a bug bite on her leg that she scratched and got infected. We were chatting around lunchtime on Christmas Eve about what time she was coming over that night and she mentioned she didn't feel that great. 8 hours later and she was in a medically induced coma. It happens so fast.
    Take care of yourselves. I'd never make fun of someone for being ultra cautious.

So sorry about your mom. Sepsis is one of the most dangerous things that can happen to your body and is a leading killer of people worldwide. My grandmother had cataract surgery and died a few days later from a septic infection. All these young girls that want plastic surgery don't understand how real infection and sepsis is. Every time you go under the knife, you sign your life away, even on simple procedures. It happens frequently enough that it is prepared for legally and systematically in the health care system. If you look into it you will find thousands of young girls dying that just wanted bigger boobs, fuller lips, smaller nose, etc. Surgery shouldn't be for "fun" because it is life threatening every time you do it. Surgery is serious and people need to have more respect for their bodies, their OWN bodies. I'm sorry guys, this post doesn't belong here but I've almost died from a bacterial infection and that's kinda what got me going. If anyone wants to know more about sepsis and bacterial infections please pm me. I don't want any of you guys to go through what I did. I was on a hospital bed for four months getting IV antibiotics around the clock. Two heart valves were destroyed and replaced. I had two strokes in the hospital. All of this while I had two herniated discs in my back! It was a year before I was feeling better, but they only gave me a 15% chance to live so I'm doing pretty good.

8 months later
    #124 7 months ago

You've never been to a gun show. It's a crop dusting/body odor extravaganza. Stopped going to those years ago. As far as hand washing goes, the whole Chipotle episode was from employees going to the can and not washing their hands, then making your lunch. Same would apply to your flipper buttons.
    I noticed at Pintastic, every morning each machine gets sprayed with a cleaner/sanitizer a general wipe down by the event staff.

#125 7 months ago

IMO there should be a jugs of Lysol disenfecting wipes at every pinball show for people to use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    € 3.95
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 18.95
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside