(Topic ID: 146307)

Can we get the system listed on the game's homepage?

By futurepinhead

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Just a small request. When we open up the games main page, it says alphanumer, dot matrix etc. But could we also get System 9, WPC 89 listed on there as well? I know I have to go back and google search it and come back to see if there is a common issue such as System 9 sound issue instead of typing in Space Shuttle sound issue. I'm sure it would help out new guys as well on learning the Systems a little quicker.

#2 8 years ago

That is a good idea IMO. Also, can add the field to the Archive Search tool.

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

That is a good idea IMO. Also, can add the field to the Archive Search tool.

Awesome, I was hoping it didn't sound like a dumb idea.

#4 8 years ago

I really like this idea too

#5 8 years ago

Agreed. Good idea.

#6 8 years ago

Sounds good to me, I am still learning all the different systems and what games have it.

#7 8 years ago

I like the idea as well.

#8 8 years ago

Great idea! Could someone create a list of systems for me? Excel sheet or something like that?

I can then make a new field in the game archive edit page allowing each game to be be tagged with a system.

I imagine this would also be very helpful when searching for tech topic threads. E.g. a problem with a specific system generation driver board. You would then search by system instead of by a specific game.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Great idea! Could someone create a list of systems for me? Excel sheet or something like that?
    I can then make a new field in the game archive edit page allowing each game to be be tagged with a system.
    I imagine this would also be very helpful when searching for tech topic threads. E.g. a problem with a specific system generation driver board. You would then search by system instead of by a specific game.

Yeah Robin, I just knocked out a pretty decent list to get you started. I listed a System 9, System 11, System 1, System 3, System 4, System 6, System 7, System 80, Gottlieb System 3.

#10 8 years ago

Here is the list from IPDB:

Atari Generation/System 1
    Atari Generation/System 2
    Atari Generation/System 3
    Bally MPU A082-91494-A000
    Bally MPU A084-91786-AH06 (6803)
    Bally MPU AS-2518-133
    Bally MPU AS-2518-17
    Bally MPU AS-2518-35
    Capcom A0015405
    DataEast/Sega Version 1
    DataEast/Sega Version 2
    DataEast/Sega Version 3
    DataEast/Sega Version 3b
    Day One D1PSB
    Game Plan MPU-1
    Game Plan MPU-2
    Gottlieb System 1
    Gottlieb System 3
    Gottlieb System 80
    Gottlieb System 80A
    Gottlieb System 80B
    Mr. Game 1B11188/0
    NSM Control-Unit 217838
    PinHeck System
    Playmatic MPU 1
    Playmatic MPU 2
    Playmatic MPU 3
    Playmatic MPU 4
    Playmatic MPU 5
    Recel System III
    Sega 95534
    Sega 95680
    Sega 96054
    Sega/Stern Whitestar
    Stern M-100 MPU
    Stern M-200 MPU
    Stern S.A.M. Board System
    Stern SPIKE™ System
    Stern Whitestar (modified)
    Technoplay "2-2C 8008 LS" (68000 CPU)
    Williams Pinball 2000
    Williams System 11
    Williams System 11A
    Williams System 11B
    Williams System 11C
    Williams System 3
    Williams System 4
    Williams System 6
    Williams System 6A
    Williams System 7
    Williams System 8
    Williams System 9
    Williams WPC (Alpha Numeric)
    Williams WPC (DCS)
    Williams WPC (Dot Matrix)
    Williams WPC (Fliptronics 1)
    Williams WPC (Fliptronics 2)
    Williams WPC Security (WPC-S)
    Williams WPC-95
    Zaccaria Generation 1
    Zaccaria Generation 2

#11 8 years ago

Haha, yeah, there is a bunch I missed for sure but its enough to get started. I think with the ability for Pinsider's to assign a system type on the games page while they are on there will make it a lot easier on Admins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-we-get-the-system-listed-on-the-games-homepage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.