Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ecw0930
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210619-001726-179.png
    #1 2 years ago

Just my opinion here but would love to hear from others.

Things like "shots" and "flow" should be categories we can rate on.

I end up getting really odd ratings because of things like CABINET ART. That aspect might suck but the game is great.... Brings the score down. When the sounds aren't great but the game is, it brings the score down.

I just think we need more PLAY categories to rate...

After all, that's what it's about right? Playing first... Then the whole experience.

Thoughts?

#2 2 years ago

Pinside, please don’t spend any resources on the rating system. It’s meaningless.

#3 2 years ago

You can actually adust the weight of each attribute for your personal ratings of games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/ratings

Screenshot_20210619-001726-179.pngScreenshot_20210619-001726-179.png
    #4 2 years ago

Owned for a day. 10/10. Best game I've ever played. Shots are wizard. This game is bolted to the floor. Would only sell if I got an amazing offer on this amazing game.

2/10. Flow is junk. Didn't have staying power.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can actually adust the weight of each attribute for your personal ratings of games.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/ratings[quoted image]

I did not know this. I'll look into that. thank you!

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Pinside, please don’t spend any resources on the rating system. It’s meaningless.

i disagree. I think it has merit. Maybe not like OH THE NUMBER ONE PIN IS.... but, if it's a Top 10, or Top 100... yeah that means something. Other factors as well like how many ratings are there total is key too.

I don't think it's meaningless, and I enjoy reading the comments about the games.

#7 2 years ago

100% a waste of space. I don't give a hoot what other people think of any game.

I'm ONLY interested in what I like in a game - other people "opinions" are meaningless to me.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Agreed on the new games but if you read the reviews on older more rare games and watch some old PAPA game play it really helps with games you haven’t played or haven’t played in ages and aren’t on location anywhere.

#9 2 years ago

Problem solved. Move on.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/my-pinside/ratings[quoted image]

It's a nice feature, but it doesn't give the range I'd like. Since it has a max of 10 and requires you to use all your points, I end up having to overweight things I don't care about at all since the things I do care about are already maxed.

#11 2 years ago

Market Value. The only true scale over a period of time. The ranking system is beyond flawed on this website.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

It's a nice feature, but it doesn't give the range I'd like. Since it has a max of 10 and requires you to use all your points, I end up having to overweight things I don't care about at all since the things I do care about are already maxed.

I agree! I tried it and it is a nice way to do things. But.... Having to use all the points and only those points makes it not as great. I understand it tho and I think it's a great modification of the system.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-we-change-the-ratings-scale- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.