(Topic ID: 148494)

Can we all be more positive in 2016?

By kaneda

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    Christmas_tree_2015_(resized).png
    20150518_125847-1-1-1.jpg
    catdog_(resized).jpg
    12314603_10153830453718086_9180511306499280826_o_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    a8c6b1d7fec3105e8cd2673200c788f2_(resized).jpg
    REU-USA-13_(resized).jpg
    33562313rainbow_puppy_dog_-_2_copy_(resized).jpg
    425888_62f5_1024x2000_(resized).jpg
    giphy_(resized).png
    _20151227_183316_(resized).JPG
    dog_cat_2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #102 8 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is something positive for 2016! I just rescued this little 18 month old French bull dog from a bad home, his name is Noah and he now has a very good home
    The second pic shows how he was being kept by the jackasses I got him from.. He was locked in an unheated garage in one of the two dog crates shown in the pic for 20+ hours a day. He couldn't even see out of the crate as the two crates were just jammed together
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg

thanks for helping noah
    can you send kenada to noahs previous digs? ill pay you 20.00!

#103 8 years ago

Sorry op, no chance here I'm afraid.

a8c6b1d7fec3105e8cd2673200c788f2_(resized).jpga8c6b1d7fec3105e8cd2673200c788f2_(resized).jpg

#104 8 years ago

Video machines killed the pinball machines in the early 80's. However, I always thought pinball would make a comeback since they aren't virtual machines. The action is real. It would be nice to see a resurgence, especially with new machines being built. Is that positive?

#105 8 years ago

sic my dog after ya!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#107 8 years ago

Pound per pound, a cat is much stronger and dangerous than a dog

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

It's a new year guys and how about we all take a step back, a deep breath and look at what we're doing here a bit differently. We're here discussing expensive toys that bring joy and fun into our lives. It wasn't too long ago that pinball was in jeopardy of closing its doors for good. Stern managed to keep its operation going, and over the past few years a resurgence has occurred and we are in another golden era for pins. Imagine 10 years ago if I told you in 2016, almost 10 NIB pins would ship that year? It's going to be a great year.
    Sure not every new pin will come out exactly how we imagined it to. Some might have art that misses the mark. Others might be priced a bit too much for our taste. But if you step back and think about what we're conversing about, the level of vitriol and the extreme reaction that's taking place is out of hand. People are responding as if these companies have personally insulted the audience by delivering what they have.
    I'm going to be much more positive from now on. I'll state what I do like about something. If I don't like something, (say the amount of blank space on the upper playfield of RZ), I'll state it, explain why, and then move on. How about we all:
    1. Start by saying something we do like about a new pin
    2. Offer constructive criticism once, not beat that stick for pages
    3. Stop using pinball as a way to personally attack each other
    I'll end with this...we all need to police ourselves better. And the mods also need to step up a bit. There's been lots of personal attacking going on and no thread ejects or warnings seem to happen anymore. Let's all be more positive moving forward. Can we try?

After examining the original post, taking the OP in consideration, and pondering most ramifications of abiding by the OP's request, I have come to a thorough and completely logical conclusion that can only be pontificated in one word, NO.

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Pound per pound, a cat is much stronger and dangerous than a dog

My cat and dog are the same weight...but my cat could friggin murder a person. My dog is a pillow.

#110 8 years ago

My cat took on one of those white "puff dogs" and won. Little dog ran off whining back home. She's also has tried to pick fights with foxes and possums but they always run away. Smart enough to leave the raccoons alone.

#111 8 years ago

I love my Turtles. If you click on my YouTube channel you can hear some of the circus like music I make, well thats what I like to call it, I'm playing Bass and guitar, several different drummers. Mike T, thats me, Goodtimes

12314603_10153830453718086_9180511306499280826_o_(resized).jpg12314603_10153830453718086_9180511306499280826_o_(resized).jpg

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I love my Turtles. If you click on my YouTube channel you can hear some of the circus like music I make, well thats what I like to call it, I'm playing Bass and guitar, several different drummers. Mike T, thats me, Goodtimes
    » YouTube video
    12314603_10153830453718086_9180511306499280826_o_(resized).jpg

Big fan of red eared milo

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

It's a new year guys and how about we all take a step back, a deep breath and look at what we're doing here a bit differently. We're here discussing expensive toys that bring joy and fun into our lives. It wasn't too long ago that pinball was in jeopardy of closing its doors for good. Stern managed to keep its operation going, and over the past few years a resurgence has occurred and we are in another golden era for pins. Imagine 10 years ago if I told you in 2016, almost 10 NIB pins would ship that year? It's going to be a great year.
    Sure not every new pin will come out exactly how we imagined it to. Some might have art that misses the mark. Others might be priced a bit too much for our taste. But if you step back and think about what we're conversing about, the level of vitriol and the extreme reaction that's taking place is out of hand. People are responding as if these companies have personally insulted the audience by delivering what they have.
    I'm going to be much more positive from now on. I'll state what I do like about something. If I don't like something, (say the amount of blank space on the upper playfield of RZ), I'll state it, explain why, and then move on. How about we all:
    1. Start by saying something we do like about a new pin
    2. Offer constructive criticism once, not beat that stick for pages
    3. Stop using pinball as a way to personally attack each other
    I'll end with this...we all need to police ourselves better. And the mods also need to step up a bit. There's been lots of personal attacking going on and no thread ejects or warnings seem to happen anymore. Let's all be more positive moving forward. Can we try?

you are joking.... right?

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

you are joking.... right?

Techinically he didn't violate any of his rules

Quoted from kaneda:

Quoted from kaneda:

Really nice. Fits the theme much better than those barrels someone was trying to sell.

Well he kind of did...I mean you didn't give him time to respond so he just "moved on."

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Techinically he didn't violate any of his rules

Well he kind of did...I mean you didn't give him time to respond so he just "moved on."

he was probably out for a ride with his hellcat i don't get it cat or a car.... so confusing he's riding a cat.. right?

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

My cat and dog are the same weight...but my cat could friggin murder a person. My dog is a pillow.

If your "dog" weighs the same amount as your cat, it should not be considered a dog. Unless your cat is a tiger.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

If your "dog" weighs the same amount as your cat, it should not be considered a dog. Unless your cat is a tiger.

catdog_(resized).jpgcatdog_(resized).jpg

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You don't like puppies? My dog's just always a puppy

#119 8 years ago

LOL...that's a great way to look at it.

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL...that's a great way to look at it.

Proof my dog is a real dog!

#121 8 years ago

LMAO! The camera cuts off just before the cat kicks his ass!

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO! The camera cuts off just before the cat kicks his ass!

Her

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

"It's a new year guys and how about we all take a step back, a deep breath and look at what we're doing here a bit differently. We're here discussing expensive toys that bring joy and fun into our lives. It wasn't too long ago that pinball was in jeopardy of closing its doors for good. Stern managed to keep its operation going, and over the past few years a resurgence has occurred and we are in another golden era for pins. Imagine 10 years ago if I told you in 2016, almost 10 NIB pins would ship that year? It's going to be a great year. "
    blah blah blah....

Wow - the chutzpah! Like the alcoholic who finds God, swears off the drink, and tells everyone else to stop drinking.
    I'll give it 24 hours before the first troll post.
    (I mean that in a positive, loving way)

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

Wow - the chutzpah! Like the alcoholic who finds God, swears off the drink, and tells everyone else to stop drinking.
    I'll give it 24 hours before his first troll post.

you have not been the spooky rob zombie thread today have you?

#125 8 years ago

Everything will b just ducky in 2016

20150518_125847-1-1-1.jpg20150518_125847-1-1-1.jpg

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Is that shirt a Milo/Descendents homage? Hopefully it has something to do with coffee

Nailed it man! Dark Horse Coffee Roasters in San Diego. All their t-shirts seem to be homages of bands / movies / what-have-you. I have another one of their shirts that copies a Jawbreaker cover.

#127 8 years ago

Two innocent cats.....

Christmas_tree_2015_(resized).pngChristmas_tree_2015_(resized).png

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

I'll give it 24 hours before the first troll post.
    (I mean that in a positive, loving way)

This IS the first troll post!!!!!!!!

#129 8 years ago

Holy crap.... Is Kaneda actually lecturing us on keeping Pinside positive??!!

Can't wait for Choogard to reappear to preach to us about not misrepresenting pins for sale.

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Holy crap.... Is Kaneda actually lecturing us on keeping Pinside positive??!!
    Can't wait for Choogard to reappear to preach to us about not misrepresenting pins for sale.

Epic! See you at pagg.

#131 8 years ago

That's a serious pussycatter!

#132 8 years ago

When OP "goes away" I will be much more positive...

#133 8 years ago

I have something positive to say about every machine being delivered NIB. Regardless of price point grievances, regardless of artwork flaws, each release has a certain undenibiable fun factor, and each pushes this hobby forward from what was once an inevitable grave in the aughts.

#134 8 years ago

Quoted from mrgone:Epic! See you at pagg.

Can't wait! Passing on CAX this year, but PAGG is confirmed!

#135 8 years ago

Sweet irony.

1 month later
    #136 8 years ago

^^^..lololol ......well I told yaa you would go to far....didn't think it would happen so quick...but see yaa anyhow....I'll look for you in Disney World......it's to bad...you were a good cat...mostly........on to the next forum wit yoo bad self......peace out................Joey

#137 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-we-all-btch-less-in-2016/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.