Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 35mm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

we have tron, spidey, acdc prem, hulk le and have ordered metallica.

we'd like to find a older game for a change. my son is 13 and liked TAFamily. We played in CHI at the pinfest. He also liked Batman. We've been offered a MMash and TZone in solid condition.

Would appreciate any recs on a machine to compliment these. We have a ton of kids in this house and it's pretty cool to see them enjoying pinball instead of XBox. THXS!

#2 10 years ago

The Simpsons pinball party

Lord of the Rings

Attack from Mars

Tales from the Crypt (caution to which rom version)

I think most teens would enjoy these as for complimenting what you already have
    Shadow
    XM LE
    Batman Forever is a good batman pin.

#3 10 years ago

NGG

I would not go much older. The teens my boys bring to the house do not seem to play the machines that are older. I know some will disagree, but I am just saying what happens here.

#4 10 years ago

Batman or Ironman would be great for a 13 year old boy!

#5 10 years ago

junkyard?

#6 10 years ago

I recomend.
    TAF
    STTNG
    BK2K
    I500
    IRON MAN

#7 10 years ago

If I had a son and he wanted an Addams Family, I would tell him to get a job.

#8 10 years ago

WCS'94 gets the most attention form kids in my basement.

#9 10 years ago

I do not think his son asked for it. He is just a nice dad and wants to get his son involved in his hobby so they have something to share together.

If my son asked (16yrs old) I would tell him the same but he is always welcome to play any of mine whenever he wants.

#10 10 years ago

My 12 year old brother loves whitewater and owns the high score on it to. He loved scared stiff too but it's not great humor wise for teens.

Whitewater is easy to understand and the jackpots are some of the funniest and challenging to hit. Only thing bad about it is the lost mine kick out. Rules are easy to pickup too .

#11 10 years ago

I would say TOM. Not too bad from a 'family friendly' standpoint too.

#12 10 years ago

What you need is a pin that your son's LADY friends will like in the coming years!

#13 10 years ago

My son plays JP the most.
    He is 16, but acts 13 all the time......

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

What you need is a pin that your son's LADY friends will like in the coming years!

Such as?

#15 10 years ago

I'd second the TOM, and add TOTAN to the list.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I would say TOM. Not too bad from a 'family friendly' standpoint too.

Hmm. I don't know , That game almost got my friend killed All because of the levatating woman on the game and his crazy girlfriend.

#17 10 years ago

I would buy a game for yourself. It's hit and miss on what those dang kids like. Remember someday they will be gone.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hmm. I don't know , That game almost got my friend killed All because of the levatating woman on the game and his crazy girlfriend.

Huh? Feel free to explain more please!!!!

#20 10 years ago

Gofers, easy to pick up on. Lot's of fun call-outs.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

WOZ

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I would buy a game for yourself. It's hit and miss on what those dang kids like. Remember someday they will be gone.

that's pretty much what's been going on to date lol.
    he wanted Batman, i bought Spiderman lol, mainly because i was offered a mint Spidey black, jumped on it. If it were up to him, we'd buy GunRoses too. He has good taste lol.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

If I had a son and he wanted an Addams Family, I would tell him to get a job.

He didn't ask for parenting advice. But while you are at it, can you list any more solid hints at raising a teen? I would like to write this all down and have it at the ready.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

He didn't ask for parenting advice. But while you are at it, can you list any more solid hints at raising a teen? I would like to write this all down and have it at the ready.

so much of this is baked-in at birth frankly. My son is a Type B personality 6'1" 170lb 13 teen yr old mega-athlete who has a big heart and is always thanking us for all his blessings in life. Easy kid.

and then there's my daughter, 16 going on 30. Type A, bull-in-a-China-shop. One day I'll work for her.

Somebody has to carry the big stick in the family...your wife or u. Remember, they WANT to know the boundaries. They exist better with boundaries. And always always tell them you love them, even while you discipline them. Then it's all good!

#25 10 years ago

Seems like the only pinball that teens like in my house is Revenge from Mars. They like the video integration and the humor.

#26 10 years ago

great ideas
    the search begins
    thxs!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-u-rec-a-pin-for-my-teens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.