(Topic ID: 320759)

Can Ting help all pinball owners? New Product.

By OLDPINGUY

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Billc479
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    3881FBE5-BADF-4683-AD7F-7748EFB2CFC0 (resized).png
    51AF8FE6-E44F-410F-814B-2AB42FF067E1 (resized).png
    C2855F4D-792F-4214-A38F-E5651F25685B (resized).png
    70201AD3-C844-4928-9390-B68D9B32A974 (resized).png
    D095F9FD-9388-4F5F-9D50-FB4AF3CB5A1D (resized).jpeg
    killawatt (resized).jpg
    0A300A08-368B-4CCD-8048-C0CC439E01ED.gif
    4C480C2B-57F6-4612-B2F9-52ABBA3BE1B6.gif
    20220819_143345 (resized).jpg
    20220819_143353 (resized).jpg
    20220819_143331 (resized).jpg
    Ting (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Last week, I received one of the all too many emails, offering something Free.

In this case, it was my insurance company, State Farm, offering me a Free new device called, Ting.

It plugs into an outlet, connects to my net, and monitors my home electrical system for issues.

It took just minutes, to set up. The email reports are clean, informative and a quick visual graphic.

Can this be of help to other pinsiders?

art

https://www.tingfire.com/

https://www.tingfire.com/how-ting-works/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

Interesting product. But if it's through the insurance company and free, they must receive the data too. I just wonder what their motivation is.

Likely to prevent fires, and expensive claim payouts.....

#19 1 year ago

Im not worried about my Electrical Usage data going somewhere.

Everything we are, in data, is floating everywhere on the Web.
    Simply assume, unless you have worked hard against it, that your data is out there aleady.

Of course, its a personal option, and everyone can do as they wish.

I gave up, after my brother, 4 books now? maybe 5, shared with me what exists about myself,
    through govt and non govt access.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Insurance is not your friend, data collection is not your friend, and government is not your friend.

Ill respect you feel this way. But I find it hard to stay alive without Insurance, or the Government.
    Absolutely, there are money issues, and I am no fan of so, so much, but trying to do without........

I realize todays climate is anti-govt, unless its ones party. as well as living with piles of
    daily conspiracy theories.

Im not here to defend this product, just sharing, as you are here to complain.

It just reaffirms so much in retirement, and my interest of being of help.
    Sorry I shared, and riled up the Hate.

Peace,

#80 1 year ago

It was a freebie that sends me an email of any irregularities in my house wiring.

Im fine, because I know that my info is everywhere already. (DoD clearance). Im Ok with whatever info they use or monetize.
    Because of the age of my house, and amount of games, I felt this might help others.

The opposite opinion is about big brother and corps having your info for negative or unwanted reasons, which is fair, if you dont believe
    everything else is compromised....

I do need to check, and get written confirmation about any affects on fire claims though, as thats very important.
    But Id rather know, and fix it, than not know.

Whatever works....we all have different reasons....

#81 1 year ago

BTW, the auto version of this dropped new car insurance to $44 a month.

#104 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    8 months later
    #118 11 months ago

Since I started this, I have moved Ting to various outlets.
    In my pinball room, it sent me an email about an issue with an outlet, around November.

I changed the socket, fixed the report, but also removed a hum from a game.
    Sure, I tested the game in a different outlet and found that true, but Im happy with it.

5 months later
    #130 5 months ago

No issues from my Insurance....It reported an Outlet I was having an issue with, I didnt realize.....I DID notice static noise from a game that was plugged into it.... Easier Repair to change the outlet hardware, than look for a Board/wire/speaker issue.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-ting-help-all-pinball-owners-new-product?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.