• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

08-18-11 033.jpg
08-18-11 035.jpg
#1 9 years ago

As you can see.... The Abra Ca Dabra cabinet has seen better days. Can this type of damage be repaired? Would I need to strip the whole cabinet & repaint? Or are there stencils? Thanks

08-18-11 035.jpg08-18-11 035.jpg 08-18-11 033.jpg08-18-11 033.jpg
#2 9 years ago

You would have to strip the cabinet, fill the gouges and scratches, and then stencil it to do it right. Idk if there is a stencil kit, but if it were me I would just try and make my own.

#3 9 years ago

Yes it can be. Doesn't look bad either. As the other poster mentioned, you will loose the artwork in the process so you will have to make or buy (if available) stencils.

#4 9 years ago

it can def. be repaired .... just will take a lot of love and effort & some $ .......have you seen some of the restorations from the "worst of the worst" thread ? there are a bunch that have been brought back to beautiful cond. that started out way worse than this one

#5 9 years ago

Not sure if there are commercially available stencils, but if you know where to look they're obtainable.

If you don't want to buy them though you can trace your own, your art is more than intact enough to do that.

#6 9 years ago

That one is easily repairable. It's not really even that bad.

Lots of people would just clean it up and leave it alone under the phrase "It's only original once..."

#7 9 years ago

Thanks for your positive words & advice.... Hopefully I will find a stencil out there. My art skills are not super.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-this-em-cabinet-be-repaired and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.