(Topic ID: 316434)

Can the new Ford model be applied to the pinball industry?

By hool10

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dawson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN9179 (resized).JPG
    pincar (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from hool10:

I don't think some of you folks read what I wrote or even the article. The way your car would be fixed or a warranty would happen is you would bring the car to to the dealership or the dealership would send a tech to the car itself.

Not many people would drag their game to a distributor. I don’t understand the benefit or how it would even work. I don’t know a single distributor that would support a game they didn’t sell on any sort of scale. They might support one from a friend or one who buys every pin that comes out.

Also, with car dealerships, the manufacture pays the dealership for warranty work. When I was a mechanic at one, the dealership would always complain about warranty work because they were underbid on the time required to complete the work. I don’t know if a pinball manufacturer will pay for labor. Most times they don’t want to pay for parts.

#15 1 year ago

…also, it’s easy to want to cut out a distributor when pinball is hot and everything sells, what happen when there is a down turn?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-the-new-ford-model-be-applied-to-the-pinball-industry?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.