(Topic ID: 89911)

Can the midwest support another gaming convention?

By dantebean

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by s1500
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    FOD.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That said, Expo is slowly dying so if someone went whole hog and made a competing show, it would be an uphill battle in the short term but could win out if that is your ultimate goal.

What do you base this on? From what I've seen, Expo was as busy as ever.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Ok, didn't see it in events. I don't want it to compete with Expo within 1 months time.

If you don't want to compete with other shows, I think your dates will be somewhat limited. But it also depends on your definition of competing. For example, would holding it this past weekend be competing with Allentown?

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Fewer games each progressive year over the past 3. Pinball Life providing a better alternative factors into it also..

Expo has never been known as a show that has had alot of free play games. I can think of plenty of years over the last 13 that were smaller than last year

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Ok, will reach out to the convention centers first and get pricing and what they will support.
    My head may have exploded by just thinking about doing this.

If you are starting something new, I would suggest reaching out to folks who started similar like shows, like MGC, Louisville or SPF (new name for 2014). Because your show will most likely be something similar. I would highly suggest doing arcade games too, as this clearly helps with attendance figures with these shows.

I don't think you would need convention center space for year one, unless you have a way to source hundreds of games right out of the gate.

Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zaxxis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-the-midwest-support-another-gaming-convention?tu=Zaxxis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.