(Topic ID: 307084)

Can the Great American Pinball banner please be chan- NOPE!

By mystman12

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Social D (resized).jpg
    35e2c194691b7ea12913abefc1a30a72 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    9360E09F-9637-4375-A4A5-1F3491EAE43A (resized).png
    Patriotic Pin-ups (resized).jpg
    113CD800-9A4E-4926-8058-6B635CDCB843 (resized).jpeg
    0BE28C0E-9DC1-4523-B809-63C6226CA165.gif
    20210706_184220 (resized).jpg
    Boobs (resized).png
    A04ED14C-FA5F-46E2-94E9-61C637AF9601 (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    61VPiCdEucL._AC_UL200_SR200,200_ (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    spring-break-original-gottlieb_1_6bb3319b9ddcaa613fddd7d9a2b60703 (resized).jpg
    DE814A18-68B4-4EF1-B2D4-B6090EEA5F02 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago

If the owner/creator of the site doesn't care/hasn't taken down the logo for 2-3 years, I think that's about enough for a "case closed."

#102 2 years ago

Now is the time to post if anyone hasn’t earned their “in before the lock” achievement.

DCA1FACF-AD3B-4C4B-A7CB-894252A30785 (resized).jpegDCA1FACF-AD3B-4C4B-A7CB-894252A30785 (resized).jpeg
    #103 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Yes let's counter cancel culture by cancelling someone...

That's the joke bud

#104 2 years ago

In before the lock

#105 2 years ago

IBTL, but also FYI, GAP has giant billboards off the highway with the same logo in my area. So if it’s ok for it to be seen by everyone driving on the expressway, I’d say it’s ok here.

#106 2 years ago

There's such an award?? Lol

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

That's the joke bud

Thanks for clearing it up bud

There are so many stupid comments on this forum that it's impossible to know you weren't being serious.

#109 2 years ago

There are boobs in pinball?!

You mean this isn't an innocent game about girls who farm watermelons for a living?

backglass (resized).pngbackglass (resized).png
    #110 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I'm just gonna say it, the Great American Pinball banner that shows up above the forums, with the practically naked woman with giant boobs, is obnoxious. That's the sort of thing that would normally get blocked with unsafe tags were it in a thread. All the other ads up there are just company logos and what not, meanwhile it feels like Great American Pinball is just trying to get people to click on their ad with sex appeal.
    With Pinside striving to be somewhat family friendly, I don't see why something like this is allowed on the main page. If Great American Pinball wants to keep this as their main logo artwork, as distasteful as it is, then more power to them, but if they want to advertise on Pinside I don't understand why they are allowed to use the same artwork here. Obviously this is ultimately up to robin and it's not like I'm going to boycott Pinside over it, but it's something that's been bothering me for quite a while.
    [quoted image]
    Edit: Well this was a *great* idea!
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b697dffd38d969ab5f145eaa5ad9063f5659a629-1640979127-1800"};
    //]]>

Help me understand.. you don't want the ad on pinside, so you create a post to discuss in the forum AND add the offending pic..???? Kinda seems to draw more attention to it.

#111 2 years ago

Lock it up.

#112 2 years ago

And while we're on the subject, can AP please make a limited edition translite for Oktoberfest and bring back the monkey for people who weren't offended by that, either. There should be choices for people that still have a sense of humor.

#113 2 years ago

simpsons-lock_medium.jpgsimpsons-lock_medium.jpg

#114 2 years ago

The doors were right..people are strange

069177E5-0CC1-4B20-89E9-926A778098C6 (resized).jpeg069177E5-0CC1-4B20-89E9-926A778098C6 (resized).jpeg
    #115 2 years ago

End of the year thread lock. Get it done!

#116 2 years ago

To me, it's at least an interesting debate. I don't care either way about the ad, but OP, how did you not know you were filling a dumpster with gasoline here? Hitting the "send post" button was like throwing a match.

#117 2 years ago

Boobs built America.

(.Y.)

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Boobs built America.
    (.Y.)

Thank you.

#119 2 years ago

End of the year thread lock. Get it done!
    +1

#120 2 years ago

Ready to get my lock award..!

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from Redwizard000:

You mean this isn't an innocent game about girls who farm watermelons for a living?

No. It's about the horse whose name is Nellie.

LTG : )

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There's such an award?? Lol

Yep, you have to be the last person to post before a thread gets locked.

#124 2 years ago

Lock is lit?

#125 2 years ago

Did someone say, lock

4F267BC1-4A52-4C51-BD1F-169BDCB1895A (resized).jpeg4F267BC1-4A52-4C51-BD1F-169BDCB1895A (resized).jpeg
    #126 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

LOL WHAT?! IT'S A NINTENDO MII PLAYING PINBALL!

I guess I stand corrected, it doesn't look like "some dude" about to blow somebody, it looks like you!

#127 2 years ago

No one mention the Octoberfest monkey!

#128 2 years ago

Not sure the banner is really any big deal to get offended by... I would vote to just leave it as is...

#129 2 years ago

Is this the right thread to ask for technical help with a Stern Playboy machine?

#130 2 years ago

Hope to be in for the lock part 2 achievement

#131 2 years ago

pinball is such a degenerate activity that i have a hard time believing the op actually taped over his bad cats...cat

boobs are everywhere in pinball. can't be avoided

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Hope to be in for the lock part 2 achievement

Hey, that's mine!!!

#133 2 years ago

My only complaint is that the breasts aren’t real. Quit overthinking and just play pinball.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I'm just gonna say it, the Great American Pinball banner that shows up above the forums, with the practically naked woman with giant boobs, is obnoxious. That's the sort of thing that would normally get blocked with unsafe tags were it in a thread. All the other ads up there are just company logos and what not, meanwhile it feels like Great American Pinball is just trying to get people to click on their ad with sex appeal.
    With Pinside striving to be somewhat family friendly, I don't see why something like this is allowed on the main page. If Great American Pinball wants to keep this as their main logo artwork, as distasteful as it is, then more power to them, but if they want to advertise on Pinside I don't understand why they are allowed to use the same artwork here. Obviously this is ultimately up to robin and it's not like I'm going to boycott Pinside over it, but it's something that's been bothering me for quite a while.
    [quoted image]
    Edit: Well this was a *great* idea!
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ad93d400f3b06b48f37a0518ff7bd474d585a55f-1640981269-1800"};
    //]]>

I've made some clarifications in this thread, please check them out. I'm not calling for censorship or anything like that, and re-reading this now I see this OP comes off as a bit harsh. My intent with this post was simply to offer my humble opinion on the matter, and kindly request a change. I see that I'm in the minority here so clearly no change is necessary.

Boobs Rule ( o Y o) Are you adding this game to the collection BTW? 2015 Stern

Screenshot_20211231-151047_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211231-151047_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #135 2 years ago

Salma lock

CBF63ADF-2EC9-4350-AA2D-86289AD96E0A (resized).pngCBF63ADF-2EC9-4350-AA2D-86289AD96E0A (resized).png
    #136 2 years ago

It's not even a real picture of tits, it's a goddam caricature. Quite frankly it's PG at best. I sure hope the OP NEVER visits a beach.

I wonder if he would prefer this?

beer (resized).jpgbeer (resized).jpg
    #137 2 years ago

Congrats, Mike, on the best free advertising ever.

#138 2 years ago

Phew, this took off.

Wonder if op has seen the Big Dick pinball?

#139 2 years ago

See you 2021...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #140 2 years ago

I just updated my avatar last week

DE814A18-68B4-4EF1-B2D4-B6090EEA5F02 (resized).pngDE814A18-68B4-4EF1-B2D4-B6090EEA5F02 (resized).png
    #141 2 years ago

Cartoon boobs are a trigger now?

#142 2 years ago

Misogyny in pinball and video games will continue to exist as long as this sells more product than product without the built in misogyny does. And lets be honest, there is built in misogyny here whether we consider it "harmless fun" or not, whether we are offended by it or not. Given the demographic of consumers for both enterprises continues to heavily skew male, I don't think it will likely change anytime soon. Doesn't mean it shouldn't. Doesn't mean that one couldn't increase the overall number of pin/video game players if we had any focus on the missing 50% of the demographic. But it won't change for now. And honestly any heavy handed approach to do so with bans or otherwise is unlikely to accomplish this objective. Societal norms change slowly over time. Not defending them, not arguing for status quo. Just stating it is highly likely a lot of this will be phased out naturally over time as the audience to consume it diminishes. Remember 50 years ago caricatures of different ethnicities on our games was also considered “harmless fun”. One doesn’t have to be a “prude” to recognize the parallels here, especially if one is female.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Misogyny in pinball and video games will continue to exist as long as this sells more product than product without the built in misogyny does. And lets be honest, there is built in misogyny here whether we consider it "harmless fun" or not, whether we are offended by it or not. Given the demographic of consumers for both enterprises continues to heavily skew male, I don't think it will likely change anytime soon. Doesn't mean it shouldn't. Doesn't mean that one couldn't increase the overall number of pin/video game players if we had any focus on the missing 50% of the demographic. But it won't change for now. And honestly any heavy handed approach to do so with bans or otherwise is unlikely to accomplish this objective. Societal norms change slowly over time. Not defending them, not arguing for status quo. Just stating it is highly likely a lot of this will be phased out naturally over time as the audience to consume it diminishes.

I think his objection has less to do with misogyny and more to do with our puritanical ancestors. If you still think it has to do with that, just go look at Onlyfans and tell me women don't know their bodies sell.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from Redwizard000:

There are boobs in pinball?!
    [quoted image]

Big mellons is on my wish list

#145 2 years ago

Rather than remove the logo, I suggest we just even things out by having an accompanying logo of a hunky man with a raging 12” hard-on bulging from underneath tight spandex short-shorts with some bits of his testicles bursting out from the bottom of his shorts.

#146 2 years ago

here just to balance things out

spring-break-original-gottlieb_1_6bb3319b9ddcaa613fddd7d9a2b60703 (resized).jpgspring-break-original-gottlieb_1_6bb3319b9ddcaa613fddd7d9a2b60703 (resized).jpg
    #147 2 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Misogyny in pinball and video games will continue to exist as long as this sells more product than product without the built in misogyny does. And lets be honest, there is built in misogyny here whether we consider it "harmless fun" or not, whether we are offended by it or not. Given the demographic of consumers for both enterprises continues to heavily skew male, I don't think it will likely change anytime soon. Doesn't mean it shouldn't. Doesn't mean that one couldn't increase the overall number of pin/video game players if we had any focus on the missing 50% of the demographic. But it won't change for now. And honestly any heavy handed approach to do so with bans or otherwise is unlikely to accomplish this objective. Societal norms change slowly over time. Not defending them, not arguing for status quo. Just stating it is highly likely a lot of this will be phased out naturally over time as the audience to consume it diminishes. Remember 50 years ago caricatures of different ethnicities on our games was also considered “harmless fun”. One doesn’t have to be a “prude” to recognize the parallels here, especially if one is female.

And phased into what? More Hip Hop and Gangsta rap that ain’t singing women love songs.

What do you think GenZ consumes? Gimme a break.

Yeah things will def change over time

#148 2 years ago

Art is so 20th century.

#149 2 years ago

Lets not discuss Xenon and the "tube shot"

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Salma lock [quoted image]

I read somewhere her boobs haven't stopped growing, wish my wife had that condition.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-the-great-american-pinball-banner-please-be-changed/page/3?hl=rwmech5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.