(Topic ID: 307084)

Can the Great American Pinball banner please be chan- NOPE!

By mystman12

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Social D (resized).jpg
    35e2c194691b7ea12913abefc1a30a72 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    9360E09F-9637-4375-A4A5-1F3491EAE43A (resized).png
    Patriotic Pin-ups (resized).jpg
    113CD800-9A4E-4926-8058-6B635CDCB843 (resized).jpeg
    0BE28C0E-9DC1-4523-B809-63C6226CA165.gif
    20210706_184220 (resized).jpg
    Boobs (resized).png
    A04ED14C-FA5F-46E2-94E9-61C637AF9601 (resized).jpeg
    tenor.gif
    61VPiCdEucL._AC_UL200_SR200,200_ (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    spring-break-original-gottlieb_1_6bb3319b9ddcaa613fddd7d9a2b60703 (resized).jpg
    DE814A18-68B4-4EF1-B2D4-B6090EEA5F02 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Honestly I hope they do get a boost in customers today. I may have beef with their logo but hey, the better pinball business do the better off pinball will be as a whole.
    (Y'know if I claim my plan this whole time was just to bring them some extra business would you all believe me? )

No, but you can bet your ass Mike from GAP is grinning ear to ear right now.

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Would you like to show us how it's done by selling half of your collection?
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You forgot the queen on Big Guns and the cheer leaders on Monday Night Football.

164097466823090978487964014752 (resized).jpg164097466823090978487964014752 (resized).jpg16409746906864934485412369125949 (resized).jpg16409746906864934485412369125949 (resized).jpg
    #53 2 years ago

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

...laugh at me all you want, but I have the cat lady on my Mousin' Around covered up!

Quoted from mystman12:

There's a big difference between boobs and a woman who's practically naked with massive bowling ball boobs. Ones realistic, the other is just kind of obnoxious IMHO.
    Also you missed the post where I said I keep the cat on Mousin' Around covered up.

This is really sad...
    So you’re the guy they talk about that cannot control themselves, when a hint of breast or female anatomy is seen, you become some sort of Mr. Hyde??

“I see... Dear Lord, IT’S A WOMAN!”

FD8FE378-4961-4018-AD81-FA53EE939AC8.gifFD8FE378-4961-4018-AD81-FA53EE939AC8.gif
    #55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Were you the one that PM’d GAP about a month ago and asked him to change the logo or remove it?

That wasn't me, no. I wouldn't keep pressing something like this. If I had PM'd them, I wouldn't have made this thread.

#56 2 years ago

Someone gift this guy a Whoa Nellie.

#57 2 years ago

This more to your liking?

snowflake.jpgsnowflake.jpg

#58 2 years ago

More boobs please. Yes the world needs more naked boobs not less!!!!

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

There's a big difference between boobs and a woman who's practically naked with massive bowling ball boobs.

I fully agree.
    In my expert opinion I would say at least two cup sizes.

#60 2 years ago

Where’s my buddy Ted? We need much more titties. This place would be a whole lot less uptight if we can laugh a lot more and have some fun.

The male Karen’s have gone overboard. Call the manager!!! Lol

#61 2 years ago

Uh oh. It looks like the Flip N Out logo has stairs. That needs to be reworked to have a ramp next to the stairs, or else it’s ableist.

#62 2 years ago

Some great new York boobs !

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

LOL WHAT?! IT'S A NINTENDO MII PLAYING PINBALL!
    Anyways, I figured I'd get down voted but not this much! I'm definitely not a snowflake and no, I'm not fighting a sex addiction. The woman in the bathing suit on my Whitewater actually looks anatomically correct and laugh at me all you want, but I have the cat lady on my Mousin' Around covered up!
    I just figured I'd throw my opinion out there and see if anyone else shares it and if not, that's cool. I'm not asking for Pinside to like, ban NSFW content, just maybe consider keeping the main pages a bit more family friendly. Not gonna make a fuss if not, Pinside is already shockingly family friendly as it is and I'm extremely thankful to robin and the rest of the team for that.
    Anyways I'm glad I can set a new record for myself for most downvotes! I've never gotten this many before! Kind of exciting!

I am going to start a poll on if this is the lamest attempt to curry favor after showing true character. Shameful!

#64 2 years ago

I didnt notice the B.)(.bs I was looking at her eyes.

#65 2 years ago

You need Hardbody on that 2022 wishlist.
    Immediately.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is really sad...
    So you’re the guy they talk about that cannot control themselves, when a hint of breast or female anatomy is seen, you become some sort of Mr. Hyde??
    “I see... Dear Lord, IT’S A WOMAN!”
    [quoted image]

No no, it's not like that at all. Look I just have different standards than most for what I find appropriate. It's not that I look at the GAP logo and become insta-horny and lose control of myself lol. I just think it's freaking obnoxious, plain and simple. I'm throwing that out there, offering my opinion, and clearly I'm in the minority (My initial post did get a few upvotes but I'm getting the vibe they were either accidental or ironic haha). With that in mind, I'm not going to push this any further. I can live with it, I have a pretty thick skin. Me asking about the possibility of something I find obnoxious to be changed, being told no, and responding with a "Understandable, have a great day" and moving on is quite different then an actual snowflake who would throw a hissy fit.

#67 2 years ago

If you hate that picture you would love a picture of Mike himself. Scary!!!!!! Lol.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

No no, it's not like that at all. Look I just have different standards than most for what I find appropriate. It's not that I look at the GAP logo and become insta-horny and lose control of myself lol. I just think it's freaking obnoxious, plain and simple. I'm throwing that out there, offering my opinion, and clearly I'm in the minority (My initial post did get a few upvotes but I'm getting the vibe they were either accidental or ironic haha). With that in mind, I'm not going to push this any further. I can live with it, I have a pretty thick skin. Me asking about the possibility of something I find obnoxious to be changed, being told no, and responding with a "Understandable, have a great day" and moving on is quite different then an actual snowflake who would throw a hissy fit.

Quoted from mystman12:

You forgot the queen on Big Guns and the cheer leaders on Monday Night Football.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes but you go further to say you cover up the women on your personal machines? I’ve had MNF for a few years now and hardly notice them. Are they that distracted and obnoxious that you simply cannot look away and must have them covered?

You’re saying one thing but it sounds like your eyes cannot look away or something. To be honest, I haven’t even noticed the GAP logo in a long time, they just skip right past my radar.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

No no, it's not like that at all. Look I just have different standards than most for what I find appropriate. It's not that I look at the GAP logo and become insta-horny and lose control of myself lol. I just think it's freaking obnoxious, plain and simple. I'm throwing that out there

keep digging a deeper hole!

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I do not believe you now, for 1 Va. second, about anything you say! I waited to see how this unfolded a little to make my personal opinion about you, and after all unfolding to this point, my opinion is you are your first post. I will reiterate my first post, imploring you to reconsider your decision, to NOT boycott Pinside!

#71 2 years ago

Nobody should boycott pinside nor encourage anyone else to.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Well you are asking someone to change how they do business and are infringing on their basic right of freedom of speech.

If you think you are on some sort of moral high ground and just want to let everyone know that then good for you, NOBODY cares, if it were my logo I’d say mind your own business. Have a nice day

Btw, you are in the EXTREME MINORITY with that viewpoint but I respect your right to express it and simply be wrong

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I am going to start a poll on if this is the lamest attempt to curry favor after showing true character. Shameful!

What do you mean by this? I've been using Pinside for years and I've never had any issues with anyone. I decide to make one controversial post and now I'm a terrible person? I tried to be careful with my initial post to make it clear that in the grand scheme of things I'm not going to be upset if nothing was changed and that I just felt that with the way they Pinside presents itself it doesn't feel appropriate to me. Maybe I didn't word it right and I probably shouldn't have made the post to begin with (Okay but probably, definitely haha), but I can sure you every response I've made in this thread is genuine. I have a sense of humor and respect for the opinions and rights of others. I'm okay with having a few unpopular opinions... And in hindsight I should have just saved this for the unpopular opinion thread.

#74 2 years ago

Ok, whatever about the logo - I couldn't care less. But I find it hilarious how many dudes here are quick to circle their wagons around cartoon-balloon inflated boobs. Like, seriously? This is what gets you worked up, a threat to a company's logo? Who are the real snowflakes here? Some of you need to take a good look at your own behavior before you start calling others snowflakes.

Quoted from iceman44:

Well you are asking someone to change how they do business and are infringing on their basic right of freedom of speech.

Aren't you a lawyer? Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the OP sharing opinions or enforcing standards of a private business. Unless the OP is asking the government to ban cartoon boobs - I may have missed that.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Ok, whatever about the logo - I couldn't care less. But I find it hilarious how many dudes here are quick to circle their wagons around cartoon-balloon inflated boobs. Like, seriously? This is what gets you worked up, a threat to a company's logo? Who are the real snowflakes here? Some of you need to take a good look at your own behavior before you start calling others snowflakes.

Aren't you a lawyer? Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the OP sharing opinions or enforcing standards of a private business. Unless the OP is asking the government to ban cartoon boobs - I may have missed that.

That’s a genius statement. Expect nothing else from you.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

What do you mean by this? I've been using Pinside for years and I've never had any issues with anyone. I decide to make one controversial post and now I'm a terrible person? I tried to be careful with my initial post to make it clear that in the grand scheme of things I'm not going to be upset if nothing was changed and that I just felt that with the way they Pinside presents itself it doesn't feel appropriate to me. Maybe I didn't word it right and I probably shouldn't have made the post to begin with (Okay but probably, definitely haha), but I can sure you every response I've made in this thread is genuine. I have a sense of humor and respect for the opinions and rights of others. I'm okay with having a few unpopular opinions... And in hindsight I should have just saved this for the unpopular opinion thread.

All you have shown, is that you are normally not an "out there type of personality" and when you dipped your toe in the pool and found it a little chilly, you ran to get your towel in a Va. second! There is nothing wrong with being a diminutive personality. Embrace it!

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

look how much attention you get when you say Boobs,advertising worked I guess.Slow day on pinside.Happy New Year op and everyone else.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yes but you go further to say you cover up the women on your personal machines? I’ve had MNF for a few years now and hardly notice them. Are they that distracted and obnoxious that you simply cannot look away and must have them covered?
    You’re saying one thing but it sounds like your eyes cannot look away or something. To be honest, I haven’t even noticed the GAP logo in a long time, they just skip right past my radar.

The cat on Mousin' Around is the only thing I have covered and again it just comes down to me thinking that particular piece of artwork is obnoxious and so that I don't offend any friends or family who come to play it who might find it to be offensive. I have never had any issues keeping my eye on the silver ball while playing.

#79 2 years ago

TBH...I never even noticed their banner before it was brought up here.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

The cat on Mousin' Around is the only thing I have covered and again it just comes down to me thinking that particular piece of artwork is obnoxious and so that I don't offend any friends or family who come to play it who might find it to be offensive. I have never had any issues keeping my eye on the silver ball while playing.

The problem is just because YOU find it obnoxious while the overwhelming majority does not, YOU think he should have to change it.

Just don’t look at it. Problem solved

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Dudes like tits, and ya know what? Chicks do to.
    Let's all counter his BS cancel culture crap and ignore him as a user!

Yes let's counter cancel culture by cancelling someone...

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you think you are on some sort of moral high ground and just want to let everyone know that then good for you, NOBODY cares, if it were my logo I’d say mind your own business. Have a nice day
    Btw, you are in the EXTREME MINORITY with that viewpoint but I respect your right to express it and simply be wrong

I actually mentioned in the OP that GAP are free to use whatever logo they want, I was specifically referring to the banner on Pinside that appears above the forum posts.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I actually mentioned in the OP that GAP are free to use whatever logo they want, I was specifically referring to the banner on Pinside that appears above the forum posts.

So you want Robin to ban the “obnoxious” banner to comply with YOUR sensibilities

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That’s a genius statement. Expect nothing else from you.

Agreed, I have a better understanding than you

#85 2 years ago

Just take Paul Anka's advice....

#86 2 years ago

This would be a perfect scenario for targeted advertising...as much as I hate targeted advertising. Change the 'logo' based on your IP :p

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The problem is just because YOU find it obnoxious while the overwhelming majority does not, YOU think he should have to change it.
    Just don’t look at it. Problem solved

Quoted from iceman44:

So you want Robin to ban the “obnoxious” banner to comply with YOUR sensibilities

No, I simply *asked* if it could be changed. I made it clear that it was ultimately up to robin and that I wouldn't make a stink if nothing was done. Since I now know I am in the minority I'm not going to push the issue further.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I do not believe you now, for 1 Va. second, about anything you say! I waited to see how this unfolded a little to make my personal opinion about you, and after all unfolding to this point, my opinion is you are your first post. I will reiterate my first post, imploring you to reconsider your decision, to NOT boycott Pinside!

No, I'm not gonna boycott Pinside. I love it here but I don't expect it to be exactly how I want it. The GAP logo stays and I'm fine with that, just figured I'd throw out my thoughts on it and make a simple request. It was denied, cool. I'm certainly a bit embarrassed but I'm just gonna ride this out and have a few laughs.

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you think you are on some sort of moral high ground and just want to let everyone know that then good for you, NOBODY cares, if it were my logo I’d say mind your own business.

Nope, no moral high ground. If I wanted to do that I'd just let everyone know I don't put colored LEDs in my GI!

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

With Pinside striving to be somewhat family friendly, I don't see why something like this is allowed on the main page.

I may be wrong but I think this may be where you lost some people.

#91 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

No, I'm not gonna boycott Pinside. I love it here but I don't expect it to be exactly how I want it. The GAP logo stays and I'm fine with that, just figured I'd throw out my thoughts on it and make a simple request. It was denied, cool. I'm certainly a bit embarrassed but I'm just gonna ride this out and have a few laughs.

There are a lot of different opinions on pinside just like the rest of the world.I dont agree with quite a few posts but respect your right to express your thoughts. Atleast your taking it like a man and being civil.Maybe want to close the thread.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Nope, no moral high ground. If I wanted to do that I'd just let everyone know I don't put colored LEDs in my GI!

Now that’s funny

Well you made your request respectfully
    And it’s a good quality that we can laugh at ourselves.

And now it should die on the trash heap of social justice irrelevance

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Maybe want to close the thread.

I was about to suggest the same..! Nothing to see here, lol

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

But I find it hilarious how many dudes here are quick to circle their wagons around cartoon-balloon inflated boobs.

Wait a second. The boobs aren't real ? Mike's been funning us all along ?

LTG : (

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I may be wrong but I think this may be where you lost some people.

robin hadms discussed his desire to keep Pinside family friendly several times, here's a good post by him where he even complains about "semi-nude pictures": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly/page/4#post-2529199

I think the confusion simply stems from the definition of "family friendly". I guess what I considered to not be family friendly is family friendly to most.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

robin hadms discussed his desire to keep Pinside family friendly several times, here's a good post by him where he even complains about "semi-nude pictures": https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-try-and-keep-pinside-family-friendly/page/4#post-2529199
    I think the confusion simply stems from the definition of "family friendly". I guess what I considered to not be family friendly is to most.

What I meant by that is it comes off as indignant and seems to be telling Robin how Pinside should be run.

#97 2 years ago

This is a perfect example of the I’d like to speak to a Mgr type crowd

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I think the confusion simply stems from the definition of "family friendly". I guess what I considered to not be family friendly is family friendly to most.

That was 6 yrs ago when things were a lot wilder and more fun here.

You’ve been here for 7 yrs so you know the difference between now and then.

I don’t think the idea was to turn “95% cool” into “95% nerd” Karens

As hard as some might try it ain’t ever sliding that far down the slippery slope with this crowd.

Know your audience. . The people that actually support Pinside with donations like yourself. You see the people that don’t.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

What I meant by that is it comes off as indignant and seems to be telling Robin how Pinside should be run.

Well I definitely didn't mean for it to come off that way, but as we all know sometimes intent is lost in translation when posting on internet forums. I maybe should have spent more times with the OP (If I had dwelled on it longer then maybe I would have just decided not to post it haha).

Anyways, yeah I guess at this point there's no reason to keep the thread open. I think I've done though internet clarification for one day. Mods, could you please close it?

#100 2 years ago

Thank God OP doesn't have an Elvira in his collection.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-the-great-american-pinball-banner-please-be-changed/page/2?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.