Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190519_202950 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Croppie1Kenobi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

trying to get my 1977 bronco started and so stuck . ax and bx relay adjusted and seem solid there. Q relay (game over) always energized? game starts in tilt. i unhooked the tilts but still starts tilted? any help would be appreciated. replaced all burnt coils yesterday. want to play this gem so bad.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Gottliebs are always in tilt when you hit the power button. If you have a open slam switch the game will never start.

checked all slam switches. they are closed.

#4 4 years ago

i think it may be something with the coin unit. i think i read that if player 1,4 are lit ,which they are, it's not stepping correctly?

#6 4 years ago

I think I'm getting closer? Found the hold relay not to be working. If I do it manually the game will reset. Replay button on coin door still does nothing?

1 week later
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Croppie1Kenobi
I see You posting in here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-jet-spin-wont-start-game-over-relay-energized#post-4999047 - hmm, You have problems with Your "Gottlieb Bronco" - but the other topic is about Gottlieb Jet Spin.
Seldom I see here in EM Tech a post in a topic - just one word: "Bump". I do not talk for "pinside officials" - but when a OP always responds and then, strange - no other pinsider does write anymore in the topic: I agree on a "bump" post some days later --- this brings the topic back to the top of the list - we other pinsiders see and read and write a post ...
(In Your Bronco) Do You write about the R-Hold-Relay or the H-Tilt-Hold-Relay ? Greetings Rolf

I did find the R hold relay not to be pulling in and cooked. In the process of replacing. The AX seems to be ok. Very good click, contacts clean and seems to be adjusted well. Appreciate all the input.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Croppie1Kenobi
in a running (Gottlieb) pin the R-Hold-Relay is constantly pulling - when we beat the machine the coil looses connection and the relay "let go" - a severe tilt happens. You may do: Unsolder wire(s) to the coil on R-Relay --- and then after You have toggled-on the main power switch a friend wearing rubber gloves (or he is using a wooden stick) (Safety reasons, electricity can kill people): A friend constantly actuates (keep actuating) the armature on the R-Hold-Relay - and You press the Credit-Button / Start-Button - what happens ? Hmm, here in Switzerland it is late - I go to sleep. Till tomorrow. Greetings Rolf

I will try and report back. Thank you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Croppie1Kenobi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-start-please-help?tu=Croppie1Kenobi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.