1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SDVmnt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Does anyone have tips/tricks to remove the playfield glass on first set-up of a NIB Stern #StarWars Premium? I've tried getting leverage with rubber gloves and using duct tape as handles, but it won't budge.

#2 1 year ago

Get a suction cup handle….many people have had good luck with that. There is also another thread discussing this and possible fixes.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shakespeare:

Does anyone have tips/tricks to remove the playfield glass on first set-up of a NIB Stern #StarWars Premium? I've tried getting leverage with rubber gloves and using duct tape as handles, but it won't budge.

I have to ask as this is your first post. Did your remove the lockdown bar completely? The black bar with the action button in the middle of it? Once removed you slide the glass down toward you and out of the machine completely. Make sure the coin door is closed when you do this or the glass may scratch.

Good luck!

#4 1 year ago

Found the thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outrageously-tight-pinball-glass/page/2#post-7162822

I like the long strips of duct tape idea. I personally haven't had this problem, but I have loosened the rail bolts that were keeping glass too tight. Read about it in the thread.

#5 1 year ago

Thanks all for the ideas. In response, SantaEatsCheese I did remove the lockdown bar... fair question for a newbie like me.
    A Stern tech on the phone had me unscrew the two side guards a bit, and it finally loosened up enough, but was still super tight sliding off and back on. I had already read the thread mentioned above and I like the suction cup idea, so may have to get a pair. The duct tape would not hold for the torque I was exerting. Anyway, it's up and running...now for the frustrating learning curve as I play!

#6 1 year ago

FYI I had the same issue when firing up a pin in the garage after delivery. Put the balls in and couldn't get the glass back on. Slope in the floor for the drain was tweaking the cabinet. One leg was quite a bit lower than the other.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-remove-playfield-glass-on-new-stern-sw-premium- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.