Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bssbllr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

606407F7-1F48-4B02-A22B-C98082AA7932.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    magnus-mshvs-a.gif
    0512CE38-6626-4497-AF1C-C3959203F750.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I can't seem to paste an animated gif into a post, even after selecting that option from the dropdown menu at the bottom. When I paste it and press ok on the little popup, nothing happens. If I refresh the page, it will appear in the image list as a png. Also seem that, once a gif fails to paste, other images can't be pasted either until you refresh.

Also, would be nice if the focus would change to that little confirmation box when you paste an image, so that if I hit enter it confirms the box instead of submitting my post

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.113 Safari/537.36 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Choose the original size/no rescaling option.
    [quoted image]

Using that or animated gif works fine for drag and drop, but not for copy-paste

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I've always downloaded/uploaded to get animated gifs to work.

Hence why I'm submitting a bug report

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I guess I'm not understanding the problem? You're trying to copy/paste the gif directly?

Yes. It's much easier to copy-paste images into a post than having to upload them from the computer. Works fine for pngs, etc but if you do a gif the entire image uploader stops working for any image type. Clearly some sort of bug in the code.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

You have to upload a gif, not copy & paste. That only works for images.

Again, that's why I made a bug report. There is no error message saying 'hey you can't paste a gif', it just hangs and breaks the page. If there's a technical reason why this is impossible (which I doubt), then it should catch the issue and stop you. If it's not impossible, then it's a bug that I would like to be fixed

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-paste-animated-gif?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.