(Topic ID: 300928)

Can't locate Buck Rogers 69v 1/4amp fuse.

By Yeastlord

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1056 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

I just picked up a BR last night and while giving it the pre-flight look over I realized that this fuse was blown. I've looked around on Marco and they don't carry it (that I saw). Do people replace these with something else? Do I just need to look to other sources? Thanks for the help.

IMG_1056 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 months ago

Steve Young at PBR has them.
I just ordered every fuse that goes to my System One Joker Poker and the 1/4 amp slo-blo is one of them.

#3 3 months ago

69V is the circuit voltage not the max voltage of the fuse. Any 1/4 Amp fuse will work.

#4 3 months ago

Yeah any 1/4 slow blo will work, great plains electronics has them as well.

1/4 fast won't work here and do NOT go larger it could blow up power supply components.

#5 3 months ago

Also, make sure you install the extra in-line fuses to the small transformer for the protection it needs.
Details for installation are on in Clay's "pinrepair.com system one" site

#6 3 months ago

Thanks for the info guys!

#7 3 months ago
Quoted from damonbeals:

69V is the circuit voltage not the max voltage of the fuse. Any 1/4 Amp fuse will work.

Technically, you shouldn't put a 32v fuse there. A 125v fuse or greater would be appropriate.

https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/fuse-tutorial

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside