(Topic ID: 234867)

Can't get games set to 1/2 coin ($.50/play)

By bjsilverballs

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Quench
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have two games with this issue, Ballyl Hotdoggin and Stern Big Game. Hotdoggin was only wired with one coin mech so it's a bit weird.

I think there's something wrong with DIP switch 1 and/or 9 as changing those does nothing. I can get either game to give me multiple credits per quarter but not multiple quarters per credit. The 3/2 pricing works but isn't what I want.

On Hotdoggin I've verified that each switch works by testing continuity. I also tested each diode (all 32) and they all test good. From there though I'm a bit lost. It looks like each switch goes through a diode and then into a maze of tiny caps. Each game works 100% with no switch errors. Not sure if the DIPs are a part of the regular matrix or what. In fact I couldn't really find any info about this.

In the meantime I threw in an Altek and it works perfectly but I'd prefer to use the factory board. Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

have any contact cleaner, or tv tuner cleaner?

#3 5 years ago

Sprayed Deoxit into the switches but the switches work fine. Continuity when set to on, no continuity when set to off.

#4 5 years ago

Does this MPU board have battery corrosion?

Are you measuring zero ohms continuity from one of those DIP switch legs to pin 10 of U10? (looking at the back of the board it will be the left leg of the DIP switch).

Are DIP switches 17 and 25 working (they're on the same switch matrix as DIP switches 1 and 9)?

BTW, DIP switch changes are not dynamically recognised while the game is running, you need to restart the machine for the changes to take effect.

What is the ROM at U6 marked with? It's not by any chance "720-37" ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-get-games-set-to-1-2-coin-50-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.