Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which game works best in a small collection?”

• WOZ 13 votes
      9%
    • MBr 29 votes
      20%
    • Oktoberfest 6 votes
      4%
    • IMDN prem. 22 votes
      15%
    • Dialed In 49 votes
      34%
    • Star Wars prem. 11 votes
      8%
    • none of these 14 votes
      10%

(144 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ABD56D62-8EDA-4DC4-BB82-9BD4385920FB (resized).jpeg
    6147A352-3D36-4ED8-9859-4BEF41BA5F9B (resized).jpeg
    29118D9A-9EB7-433E-A56B-DE264C91D3E0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm looking to add another game and would like to keep both fairly long term. Space is currently limiting me to just two pins. Houdini has proven to be a good fit for my family, but I am having a hard time choosing the next one. I'd appreciate any input!

#5 5 years ago

I would say IMDN is at the bottom simply due to the least family-friendly theme of the bunch. I think that it's a very very fun game but my wife is just not into it. I'd rather get something we will both play. I have a couple of buddies who already own the game, and I can play it at a local bar so that one I could let go.

Difficulty-wise we like Houdini and the unique theme is spot on.

I have several older games on my wishlist. Finiding a nice Black Rose would be tempting, and I've never owned TSPP.

#8 5 years ago

I dropped down from 3 games to 1 when we moved, so money is not the deciding factor. I have enough cash in my game fund to cover any reasonable choice.

That being said, for a game like MBr I am drawn to the classic edition. There are too many extras on the others that don't appeal to me.

#32 5 years ago

So the strange thing is... I've never actually fully enjoyed playing DI on location but I am guessing some of my gripes could be remedied just by having the game at home and tweaking as needed. This game along with Star Wars is probably near the top of the heap.

For you JJP owners, do you generally feel the extras are worth the money for the limited/collector series?

#34 5 years ago

Absolutely not... it's already been a while, I can handle the wait. But I would like any thoughts on JJP game tiers.

Regarding other suggestions, I've already owned MET and TWD. Both good games but I would not buy them again over something different.

1 week later
    #45 5 years ago

I definitely appreciate the feedback. Right now my top choices that both my wife and I can agree on are 1) Star Wars premium, 2) wait and see about Munsters.

I'm also still considering Dialed In or JJPOTC, but those do not appeal to my wife.

3 weeks later
    #46 5 years ago

Finally got to play DI in a home setting, and I can see what all the fuss is about. Mind changed, DI is now #1 choice but I am also considering another B/W classic such as TZ. Pirates is also a fun game, but personal preference I don't really care for upper playfields or action buttons.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-decide-on-game-2?tu=mmp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.