(Topic ID: 218710)

Can't choose: Mata Hari or Genie

By codered9394

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Mata hari vs genie”

• Mata hari 30 votes
      44%
    • Genie 38 votes
      56%

(68 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180609_173443 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weatherbymag.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

I own both.... They both have very cool art.... MH is a Dave Christensen BG.... hard to go wrong there, but Genie has cool Wizard... it's cool how big he is on the PF.

But playing wise.... no contest, Genie has so much more going for it. 5 Flippers.... upper drops, side stand up targets, lower pop bumper, a spinner..... A lot more to do/shoot for than MH. To me, MH is the most basic Bally of that Era... dual 4 row drop targets & a single saucer...That's it... No spinner, no stand up targets, no double saucers etc. To me, it's a fairly boring game, & I wouldn't own one if it wasn't such cool art. I rarely play mine.... I just have too many other fun early Bally SS's.

Not saying Genie is my most favorite playing game either, but of the 2 of them, hands down I'd rather play it. I have a Widebody from all 4 major manufacturers who made Early Widebodies, Bally Paragon, Gottlieb Genie, Williams Scorpion, & Stern Big Game.... Genie is at bottom of the Widebody list of my 4 for fun. Need to get an Atari Widebody sometime in future I guess to add to the collection.

#17 5 years ago

I will agree my MH plays faster than Genie... Genie is a BIG PF.... off top of my head I think it's the largest PF of the 4 wide bodies I have.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weatherbymag.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-t-choose-mata-hari-or-genie?tu=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.