Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Oldschool77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

displays (resized).JPG
No Garbage (resized).jpg
Garbage (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

Hi! I'm chasing odd display issues with my bad girls....long story....but I think it's somehow linked to my right flippers (again, long story lol) however I noticed today that I have 39vdc at my flippers when in play. Compared to my Arena that has 24vdc when in play. Can someone confirm this? I have 24vdc at the rectifier on the transformer, then it goes through another rectifier on the back of the little relay board under the playfield and comes out of it at 39vdc. And I cannot for the life of me find that second rectifier anywhere on the schematics, but it looks OEM!! Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 11 months ago

Ok are the displays totally out?Flickering?ect.
Did you check for +100 and -100 volt DC power section of the power supply?Resistors R1 and R4 on the power supply board these are both 39k ohm 1 watt resistor.If one or both of these resistors are bad then you will not get the proper voltage going to the displays.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Ok are the displays totally out?Flickering?ect.
Did you check for +100 and -100 volt DC power section of the power supply?Resistors R1 and R4 on the power supply board these are both 39k ohm 1 watt resistor.If one or both of these resistors are bad then you will not get the proper voltage going to the displays.

No, i get garbage for a split second when i flip the right flipper quickly/hard (See attached pics...on is no flip, one is when flipped), otherwise the displays are perfect. Gottlieb doesn't have a high voltage section on the PS like system 11. The power comes more or less directly from the transformer. The reason why this is so odd, is there is no direct link between the display and the flippers (I.E. they don't share anything) which are also powered directly from the transformer (via a couple bridge rectifiers, one of which is questionable, and i'm replacing, but i don't think that's the cause of my display issue). One should not effect the other, but some how it is (and it's only the right hand flippers). It's almost like interference. It's a really odd issue that I've never encountered before, it's almost like there's a power drop enough to make the displays start to freak, it only lasts a millisecond when i hit the right flipper quickly/hard.
Garbage (resized).jpgNo Garbage (resized).jpg

#4 11 months ago

Shit,I’m sorry I thought the game was system 11 Bad cats you were talking about. I apologize buddy

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Shit,I’m sorry I thought the game was system 11 Bad cats you were talking about. I apologize buddy

It's all good!! I wish it was...it'd be so much easier to diagnose, unfortunately there isn't much info out there on these.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

It's all good!! I wish it was...it'd be so much easier to diagnose, unfortunately there isn't much info out there on these.

Yes there’s not much info out there for bad girls but I’ll keep searching for ya and hopefully at the same time a fellow Pinsider will chime in with some info.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Yes there’s not much info out there for bad girls but I’ll keep searching for ya and hopefully at the same time a fellow Pinsider will chime in with some info.

Thanks!

#8 11 months ago

So i was able to snap a pic of what i'm getting on the screen. It only does it when i'm flipping "fast" if i slowly depress the buttons, or flip left right slow, it wont happen...almost like something isn't keeping up voltage wise. The one is "normal" (No flippers being flipped) the other is while flipping.

displays (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 52.00
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
€ 59.80
Lighting - Backbox
Freddys Pinball Paradise
$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside