(Topic ID: 306040)

Can someone tell me what the attraction is? (Dolly Parton pin)

By Sea_Wolf

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-13 (resized).jpg
dolly_pinball_original_backglass (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (12) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Nothing against Dolly, she’s a great person but why is this title in average condition bringing these insane prices while early SSs like Mata Hari, Flash, Nitro Ground Shaker and others struggle to bring $1500?

I’ll admit it’s a pretty fun machine to play but the last 2 on eBay brought $4100 and over $5800. I don’t get it, unless it because Dolly is not going to be around forever and maybe they will become collectors items.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Probably more Dolly collectors spending that money than pinball people.

That makes sense.

Here’s the latest.

ebay.com link: Dolly Parton pinball machine 1979 Bally works and 100 tested

#10 2 years ago

Yeah that’s 1976 Playboy Playmate Ann Pennington on the backglass. She was the younger sister of Janice Pennington, one of Bob Barker’s First Ladies on the Price is Right.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Nitro has great art but a dog and Flash was sold by the bushel and has terrible art.

I get the Dolly fans but the art on Dolly Parton is tacky and it’s not exactly a rare pin either. I just can’t believe $5850 for this title in that condition.

Wish I had one to sell.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Nitro ground shaker can definitely go for some $ as well, since it has cross-sell as well.

I’ve got a really nice NGS that I listed on Pinside for $1850 for the last month and haven’t got one message yet although I listed that I preferred to trade.

It looks like I’m trading it soon for a nice Mata Hari, a game that I’ve wanted in my collection for a long time.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Wow.. yeah, can't go wrong with MataHari.. one of those pure pinball titles, that's just so much fun to play again and again.. Hopefully the condition is good.. typically NGS should outvalue Mata.. but who knows... guess it all depends who is buying what and when.. lol

You’re right about the NGS being more valued cash-wise but it looks like his machine is in similar good shape and he’s willing to do all the driving (10 hrs round trip) so I think that definitely evens it out.

Trades rarely work out but I hope this one does. It looks like we will both be getting something we want after many years of enjoying the ones we own.

2 weeks later
#30 2 years ago

Boobage aside, This is getting ridiculous and with a trashed playfield too.

ebay.com link: Dolly Parton pinball machine 1979 Bally Plays Great New MPU And Rubber

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I’ve got a buddy/customer looking for one, even an over priced one.
Any leads, please let me know.

Also keep looking on eBay. At the crazy prices they’ve been selling for I’m sure more will pop up.

Just in the last 2 months 3 sold for $4,300, $5,850 and $4,550

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 69.00
$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-someone-tell-me-what-the-attraction-is?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.