(Topic ID: 146944)

Can someone print vinyl decals?

By indypinhead

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

diamondlady.png
    decal.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I'm replacing the drop target decals on my Diamond Lady. I purchased new decals from Steve Young, but the decals have really "yellowed" through the years. You can't really see the discoloring in this scan.

Is there anyone that can print these onto durable vinyl for me? They don't have to be adhesive back...I can apply the adhesive.

decal.jpgdecal.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Any sign and graphic shop should be able to do this for you! I use a shop here in Edmonton and they can make anything and at a reasonable $

#3 8 years ago

Check with Flashinstinct. He does great quality printing.

#4 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-decals-printing-and-cutting-for-pinheads-only

Problem is, you will need someone to recreate the art, can't just print the scan or the yellow will show. I am not an artist, but printing is not a problem.

#5 8 years ago

just print them out on waterslide decal. Slide them on the drops and put some krylon crystal clear over it. They will last forever. I've done it to many drop targets.

#6 8 years ago

Ive taken a few pinball projects to my local staples and they have been able to print on sticky vinyl for me. Sometimes they have to send the job out to their production site, but i got my stuff in a couple days.

#7 8 years ago

got bored and seen this, idk if this will help but i remade them from the pic you uploaded.

diamondlady.pngdiamondlady.png

#8 8 years ago

You have them I illustrator or eps file by chance?

#9 8 years ago

yea sry i just did it up and saved it as png and closed out of ps

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just print them out on waterslide decal. Slide them on the drops and put some krylon crystal clear over it. They will last forever. I've done it to many drop targets.

Hi Neo,

Do you krylon crystal clear those water slides before or after adhering them to the Drop Targets?

Word 'em up,
    Ryan

#11 8 years ago

after. I mask off the bottom part of the drop, a little past the point that grabs the edge. So you don't get clear on any of the working aspects of the drops. Water slide each one. Tape them in a row on a piece of cardboard. And spray the whole line. Get the side and tops too.

#12 8 years ago

Neo

and the Krylon doesn't flake, chip or peal?

#13 8 years ago

you sand the drop target first with fine sandpaper, apply your decal, then clear. Havn't had a problem yet. Miss world has been going on 4 or 5 years and has over 6000+ plays on it, without any signs of wear or anything.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-someone-print-vinyl-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.