Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a 1988 Williams Cyclone System 11B. I was having problems with the right side general illumination lights fuse blowing. The white-yellow wire coming out from the power supply to the fuse, to two white-yellow wires, one going to the coin door and the other going to the right general illumination on the play field. I decided to replace the playfield with a new one and rebuild all the coils. I discovered one of the relays was burnt out from solder drop and a couple of general illumination light sockets as well. I replace all the bad parts during the rebuild. I plugged the new board in and as soon as I turned it on the fuse blew. The only other thing I could think was wrong was the power supply. I put in a Pin Score power supply and it worked fine for a couple of weeks with heavy usage, and the other day the same fuse blew. Someone here suggested I unplug the coin door and that might help, but it didn't. Things just got worse. I unplugged the coin door, replaced the fuse, turned on the machine and everything seemed fine. The second I hit the flipper the fuse blew again and now the flashers light up on the playfield and the back box when I hit a flipper. I'm going crazy with this machine, I really need some good advice on what direction to take and some possible fixes.

#2 9 years ago

Which boards did you replace? Was it a rotten dog board? I bought a bad board from him. He did rebuild it again but have not put it in to check if it does work.

#3 9 years ago

General suggestion: A more specific subject is likely to get more responses. People will tend to skip by this generic plea. Try something like: "WMS Sys 11 blows GI fuse, now flashers light when I hit a flipper."

My guess is you created a short somewhere when replacing things. Also, silly to replace the power supply. That's not likely the issue, and you can simply check all the outputs without replacing it! Waste of time/money imo.

Look carefully for a short somewhere, may be sporadic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Belfast, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.