Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gac
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

j137 (resized).jpg
    j133 (resized).jpg
    connector.jpg
    IMG_1737 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1736 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1739 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1738 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I have a CFTBL that currently utilizes the connectors at J133 and J137 for the MikeD hologram mod. I recently purchased a topper for the machine that would connect to the driver board using the same J133 and J137 connectors. I guess in order to connect both mods, I would need to have a connector made with wires for each pin of J133 and J137 on the board split off to two male pin connectors so that the MikeD mod and the topper could be connected. Is there anybody out there who could make this item? I'll gladly pay for it. Thanks all.

#2 4 years ago

You need to buy Z connectors. Problem solved.

#3 4 years ago

What he said but be careful not to overload anything.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

You need to buy Z connectors. Problem solved.

I don’t think this will work as there aren’t enough or the correct wires coming off the back of whichever mod connector going to the board. That’s why I would need a connector at the board with all wires splitting back to separate connectors to accommodate the mod connectors. The z connector could be used at that point.

#5 4 years ago

Do you guys know what J133 and J137 power on the machine? I think the regular J137 connector is like an 9 pin connector but it only has one wire on it. Thanks for your help.

#6 4 years ago

I wish there was a different place to connect the new topper besides J133 and J137.

#7 4 years ago

J133/J134/J135 are lamp rows (0.100").
    J136/J137/J138 are lamp columns (0.156").

If you post pictures of the mod connectors (or describe the colors and order) perhaps other would then be able to suggest solutions.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

J133/J134/J135 are lamp rows (0.100").
    J136/J137/J138 are lamp columns (0.156").
    If you post pictures of the mod connectors (or describe the colors and order) perhaps other would then be able to suggest solutions.

Here are pics of the connectors from the MikeD mod on J137 and J133.

IMG_1738 (resized).jpgIMG_1738 (resized).jpgIMG_1739 (resized).jpgIMG_1739 (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Here are the connectors for the topper. Top picture is for J 137 and bottom picture is for J133

IMG_1736 (resized).JPGIMG_1736 (resized).JPGIMG_1737 (resized).jpgIMG_1737 (resized).jpg
    #10 4 years ago

As you can see, the MikeD mod uses pin locations 3,4,6,7,9 at J137 and pin locations 4,7,8,9 at J133. The topper mod uses pin locations 1,3,7 at J137 and 1,2,4,5,7,8,9 at J133.

Note that pin location 7 of J137 on both mod connectors connects back to the original game connector at location 7... the only pin location used on the original connector.
    Likewise, pin location 9 of J133 on both mod connectors connects back to the original game connector at location 9... the only pin location used on the original connector.

#11 4 years ago

Any thoughts anyone? I think a two-way splitter for each connector is my only option.

#12 4 years ago

I had a bunch of these connector boards made in different pin counts but only in 0.156". It also only "splits" once - not twice. A double split would require a new board.

You may as well use the suggested "Z" connectors. You will probably need to wire custom connector cables that split the signal as well as use the "Z" connectors.

Remember ... you will need a 0.156" for the yellow wires and a 0.100" for the red wires.

connector.jpgconnector.jpg
    #13 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

You may as well use the suggested "Z" connectors. You will probably need to wire custom connector cables that split the signal as well as use the "Z" connectors.

Absolutely... the custom connectors are what I was hoping someone could make. I would gladly pay for them.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Just be forewarned that the "Z" connectors are now obsolete.

#15 4 years ago

Well then I guess my topper will go unlit. Not choosing the topper over the MikeD mod. Though I don’t think a z connector would be needed. The wires coming from a new female molex could be attached to male pins (like the one used with the J137 MikeD connector shown in the first picture) which the female connectors from the mods could connect to.

#16 4 years ago

I would personally never use board headers in the manner shown in these pictures ... although I have seen worse.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Well then I guess my topper will go unlit. Not choosing the topper over the MikeD mod. Though I don’t think a z connector would be needed. The wires coming from a new female molex could be attached to male pins (like the one used with the J137 MikeD connector shown in the first picture) which the female connectors from the mods could connect to.

I have Z connectors in both sizes and can make up a connector for you. PM me so we can chat more.

Ken

#18 4 years ago

Hi Ken - PM sent. Thanks

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

I had a bunch of these connector boards made in different pin counts but only in 0.156". It also only "splits" once - not twice. A double split would require a new board.
    Remember ... you will need a 0.156" for the yellow wires and a 0.100" for the red wires.[quoted image]

Do you have any more of these boards?

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Do you have any more of these boards?

Yes. I built them for me. I thought there would be no demand for them.

1 month later
    #21 4 years ago

Update - Made the connectors myself. Sourced Pinball Life and Great Plains for the parts. Now just have to hook up and see what happens.

j133 (resized).jpgj133 (resized).jpgj137 (resized).jpgj137 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-someone-make-a-splitter-for-j133-and-j137-on-wpc-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.