(Topic ID: 24833)

Can someone explain the Stern LED situation?

By herg

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PamPinbits
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdcblue.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I can only speak for X-Men LE (but I believe TRON LE was the same way). The leds in X-Men LE are just white LEDs on a small circuit board (not color changers as you have speculated). These small circuit boards are each connected to an LED control board under the playfield. X-Men has 4 of these LED control boards linked together under the playfield.

As for the GI lights in the game...they use regular 44 and 555 sockets. The GI lighting can change in the game, but they way it does it is not from using color changing bulbs. There are basically red, white and blue GI bulbs scattered throughout the game. Each color is on a different line. So if the game wants the GI to be red...it just shuts off the white and blue line. If it wants the GI to be blue...it shuts off the red and white line. ect, ect.. to get whatever combination of GI lighting it wants.

AC/DC does have some color changing inserts. I am not sure how these are done.

I'm confused about this myself with respect to replacements:

So what are the specs when ordering replacements (IE--what specific bulbs do you order: in the past you'd ask for 1LEDs vs 3LEDs in 44s or 555s, etc...so what do you ask for now?)/and who sells them?

Seems like the game list this applies to thus far is:

1. TRON LE
    2. ACDC
    3. XMEN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-someone-explain-the-stern-led-situation?tu=NM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.