(Topic ID: 150667)

Can someone explain how CoinopWarehouse works?

By Clnilsen

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Honest question... can someone explain how to find out what inventory Coinopwarehouse has at any given time? I follow them on facebook, but there only seems to be a 1-2 pics of random machines daily. I see pics of lots of machines delivered, so obviously someone must "be in the know"?

#2 3 years ago

Thats a good question. His inventory rotates very quickly, however he has alot of Jukeboxes and Video games in his facility. You could always message them and ask what currently available.

Good Luck

#3 3 years ago

Lloyd constantly rotates inventory with a lot of the stuff going overeas. Basically Facebook is his main place but he also has stuff on ebay ebay.com link

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from arpman:

You could always message them and ask what currently available.
    Good Luck

He would never be able to tell anyone all that he has in inventory, nor does he have time to do so. His exact words will be.... Stop by we'll be here!!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

Honest question... can someone explain how to find out what inventory Coinopwarehouse has at any given time? I follow them on facebook, but there only seems to be a 1-2 pics of random machines daily. I see pics of lots of machines delivered, so obviously someone must "be in the know"?

As far as seeing inventory it is impossible unless you literally go in and look around. Your best bet is to constantly watch Facebook. Even then, allot of stuff there ends up never getting listed online, so again it is impossible to find out everything that he has. For that exact reason I try to stop in at least twice a week just so I don't miss anything lol. What exactly do you mean by "someone must be in the know"?...... Know of what exactly??

#6 3 years ago

Here how it works... he posts it on Facebook... usually unrevealing pictures... will say a game is either working or not working. Beware, even "working" items might not even be 60% functional. I've bought a few pins from Coinopwarehouse that were "working" and they needed a lot of work. I was expecting that, but if you're looking for plug and play, this isn't the dealer for you. His descriptions are very scratch/surface and he really isn't all that interested in diving too deep because most things sell fast.

#7 3 years ago

I had your questions a few months ago, so I'll share what I learned and my experience, you're experience may vary. This story relates to a Facebook purchase, I have never visited the warehouse but would like to someday.

I was looking for a particular Pin, was having trouble obtaining, and a CoinOpWarehouse Facebook posting came up with the machine, claiming that it was in working condition. I had never purchased anything from him, and this would be my most expensive pin to date, but I saw that people claimed things on past threads and got the machines. I posted that I wanted the game and waited for some type of confirmation. After a while somebody else also claimed that they wanted it and then Lloyd commented that he would get the game. I was very confused and after a few PM's learned that just claiming the machine doesn't get you the machine, you need to quickly Paypal the money as well.

This made me a bit uncomfortable as I've never bought an unseen/untested machine before, but Lloyd said it worked, and other people had success, and the price was good, and Lloyd eventually agreed to sell me the machine and I sent payment.

I wanted to pickup the machine but learned it was in transit and hadn't made it back to the warehouse yet, and hadn't really been tested, they believed it to be working and purchased it as such. Made me more nervous but the price was really good and Lloyd said they would deliver it in a couple weeks since they would in the area and would save me a trip. Sounded good, and I asked if I could test the game to make sure it worked upon delivery, and Lloyd basically said it was as-is and did I still want the pin or a refund? I wanted the pin, but was now more nervous as I'm limited in repair experience, but the price was good, and free delivery, so I would wait.

After a few weeks I reached out to get status and there were delays and I would get it soon. After a couple more weeks I reached out again and there were delays and I would get it soon. My nervousness escalated, and during this time the same machine went for sale by a Pinsider in good condition for a little more, but I could get there and test it out before purchase. I reached out to Lloyd, couldn't get a definitive delivery date, and ended up cancelling the order and getting a refund with no issue.

Please note this is in no way to bash Lloyd or the Warehouse, I just couldn't handle the process. It was a bit of a learning experience for me and in the end I couldn't gut it out and chance what I was going to get in the end, as I was looking for a working machine with minimal work required.

I would say that if you're more willing to take a chance than I was and work on what you get, jump on something you see. Just know that you will need to pay quickly up front before seeing/touching your purchase.

Good luck!

#8 3 years ago

This is not the place to go if you are looking for a pristine working pin, these are basically warehouse finds and can be rough around the edges, but you can get a deal occasionally. We do a road trip once in a while to check out his stash, lots of fun and Lloyd is a nice guy. Deals are always better when you are there and have a wad of cash

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Deals are always better when you are there and have a wad of cash

Exactly!! Most people think that he is firm on pricing but most times he's not depending on what it is and if you are literally there with cash in hand. He's always taken good care of me for the past 17 years. I'm pretty positive I've bought close to 100 machines from him since then, most were arcades back when I first started collecting.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

I had your questions a few months ago, so I'll share what I learned and my experience, you're experience may vary. This story relates to a Facebook purchase, I have never visited the warehouse but would like to someday.
    I was looking for a particular Pin, was having trouble obtaining, and a CoinOpWarehouse Facebook posting came up with the machine, claiming that it was in working condition. I had never purchased anything from him, and this would be my most expensive pin to date, but I saw that people claimed things on past threads and got the machines. I posted that I wanted the game and waited for some type of confirmation. After a while somebody else also claimed that they wanted it and then Lloyd commented that he would get the game. I was very confused and after a few PM's learned that just claiming the machine doesn't get you the machine, you need to quickly Paypal the money as well.
    This made me a bit uncomfortable as I've never bought an unseen/untested machine before, but Lloyd said it worked, and other people had success, and the price was good, and Lloyd eventually agreed to sell me the machine and I sent payment.
    I wanted to pickup the machine but learned it was in transit and hadn't made it back to the warehouse yet, and hadn't really been tested, they believed it to be working and purchased it as such. Made me more nervous but the price was really good and Lloyd said they would deliver it in a couple weeks since they would in the area and would save me a trip. Sounded good, and I asked if I could test the game to make sure it worked upon delivery, and Lloyd basically said it was as-is and did I still want the pin or a refund? I wanted the pin, but was now more nervous as I'm limited in repair experience, but the price was good, and free delivery, so I would wait.
    After a few weeks I reached out to get status and there were delays and I would get it soon. After a couple more weeks I reached out again and there were delays and I would get it soon. My nervousness escalated, and during this time the same machine went for sale by a Pinsider in good condition for a little more, but I could get there and test it out before purchase. I reached out to Lloyd, couldn't get a definitive delivery date, and ended up cancelling the order and getting a refund with no issue.
    Please note this is in no way to bash Lloyd or the Warehouse, I just couldn't handle the process. It was a bit of a learning experience for me and in the end I couldn't gut it out and chance what I was going to get in the end, as I was looking for a working machine with minimal work required.
    I would say that if you're more willing to take a chance than I was and work on what you get, jump on something you see. Just know that you will need to pay quickly up front before seeing/touching your purchase.
    Good luck!

Let me summarize this: It's a total crap shoot.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Exactly! Bought 2 machines from Facebook over the last year and was lucky to get them. Most pins sell in minutes and what you see on Facebook is only a small percent of what comes in. The rest are sold before they are listed. I was lucky and was there when they were unloading a new haul could have snagged a few games but had a;ready spent my money.

Keep checking his facebook, stop out to his place or send an email from time to time. As someone that used to sell a lot of volume I can say don't wast your time or these by sending emails if you don't have the money and not ready to buy.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Lol,
    Yeah.

And it helps to know that going in.

#13 3 years ago

i use to try to deal with him to grab a game here or there. Back when he was based in Rockville/gaithersburg location. Like the other guy mentioned. Total crapshoot. I know people love him , i know some people hated dealing with him. I was in the middle. But just about before he moved up to Hagerstown or more up north i just kind of gave up. mostly due to his lack of really wanting to answer "anything" and it seemed like i was bugging him if i asked to just pre-play a game before i commited/bought it (games often use to be stacked in his warehouse on its back, head strapped up and looking like it just rolled off a moving truck. (Yes, back to crapshoot).

I realize that pinballs are just "widgets" to him. I know hes a JUKE guy. Being an enthusiat/collector and a guy who likes pinball it was just "difficult" i found to deal with him. I distinctly remember the last game i got from him. A last action hero. Same deal, met him at the place, he seemed irked that i asked to "check it out and test play it, see the playfield and yeah ya know the minimal silly stuff", sheeesh. Worked good enough for the price and condition - call it an okay deal (maybe like a grand but had little cosmetic stuff, switch errors and i think the crane was goofed , target broken) - yeah some of you would say not such a good deal. Anyhow that final final lasting memory was when i wanted to just pull the glass off of it to check the playfield - did that - and he was in such a rush to put the glass back on, collect his $ and get the heck outta there that he hurried "just a little too much" and the playfield glass blewup into a billion pieces as he twerked it trying to quickly get into the siderails. I think he knocked $50 off for the troubles and me getting finding a new piece of glass and we went our "merry" ways. Even before he left my local area, i figured,,,, yeah,,, that was about it for me and Lloyd. Plus him only really dealing on facebook and me not having a facebook account sealed the deal too.. HA

I have heard others with experiences like i have had, and others thrilled with working with him. I guess it all depends on who "YOU" are.

my 2 cents

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinnaf:

i use to try to deal with him to grab a game here or there. Back when he was based in Rockville/gaithersburg location. Like the other guy mentioned. Total crapshoot. I know people love him , i know some people hated dealing with him. I was in the middle. But just about before he moved up to Hagerstown or more up north i just kind of gave up. mostly due to his lack of really wanting to answer "anything" and it seemed like i was bugging him if i asked to just pre-play a game before i commited/bought it (games often use to be stacked in his warehouse on its back, head strapped up and looking like it just rolled off a moving truck. (Yes, back to crapshoot).
    I realize that pinballs are just "widgets" to him. I know hes a JUKE guy. Being an enthusiat/collector and a guy who likes pinball it was just "difficult" i found to deal with him. I distinctly remember the last game i got from him. A last action hero. Same deal, met him at the place, he seemed irked that i asked to "check it out and test play it, see the playfield and yeah ya know the minimal silly stuff", sheeesh. Worked good enough for the price and condition - call it an okay deal (maybe like a grand but had little cosmetic stuff, switch errors and i think the crane was goofed , target broken) - yeah some of you would say not such a good deal. Anyhow that final final lasting memory was when i wanted to just pull the glass off of it to check the playfield - did that - and he was in such a rush to put the glass back on, collect his $ and get the heck outta there that he hurried "just a little too much" and the playfield glass blewup into a billion pieces as he twerked it trying to quickly get into the siderails. I think he knocked $50 off for the troubles and me getting finding a new piece of glass and we went our "merry" ways. Even before he left my local area, i figured,,,, yeah,,, that was about it for me and Lloyd. Plus him only really dealing on facebook and me not having a facebook account sealed the deal too.. HA
    I have heard others with experiences like i have had, and others thrilled with working with him. I guess it all depends on who "YOU" are.
    my 2 cents

Is this 'fix-it' Lloyd from this site or another Lloyd??

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

another Lloyd

#16 3 years ago

My dad bought his first pin from him last year. It arrived as advertised, currently going through a very thorough clean up and shop out. No issues or concerns from me or my dad. They were upfront with the big known issue (DMD driver board) and the other small issue of Red's mouth. It was a dirty routed game, as expected, but will turn out nice!

#17 3 years ago

Two things that are true in life:

You get what you pay for.
    Time is money.

If you want to pay less for something, 99% of the time you will make up for it by spending more time. And often times more risk. Pins are no exception.

Lloyd deals in quantity. He's a wholesaler. He lists em cheap and has no time to dig in or offer details because that takes time, and time is money. And if you buy, expect to spend some time on it and risk spending quite a bit more money on parts.

#18 3 years ago

He's not always cheap, though... some of his pins in moderate condition have been going for top dollar recently

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

No this is 'Facebook' Lloyd from Hagerstown.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

He's not always cheap, though... some of his pins in moderate condition have been going for top dollar recently

I've noticed that too over the last year

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I've noticed that too over the last year

He explained to me what the reasoning is for that. These days being that pins are kind of a hot commodity the warehouse owners that he buys from have wised up and are trying to cash in, asking a lot more per machine than what they were asking 5-10 years ago. He deals with one guy that won't let him take anything unless he drops at least 20K per visit. So basically, he's paying more, so he has to sell higher to make up for that. Makes total sense to me. Even if we think the price is to high, everything he lists sells eventually because there's always someone wiling to pay more, especially over in Europe.

#22 3 years ago

Thanks for all the great replies! As suggested, I have him on facebook, but a stop-in the warehouse is a bit tough since I'm in Florida. If my game that I'm looking for ever came in, a project is exactly what I'd like to find, hence why I thought it would be a good match.

I have messaged a few times on facebook to see if he had the game I'm looking for, but never had any luck of it being in stock. Doesn't sound like there's any wish list (not that it was expected).

In essence, watch the FB page but probably not much chance of coming across most of the pins unless you could get there in person.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Clnilsen:

Thanks for all the great replies! As suggested, I have him on facebook, but a stop-in the warehouse is a bit tough since I'm in Florida. If my game that I'm looking for ever came in, a project is exactly what I'd like to find, hence why I thought it would be a good match.
    I have messaged a few times on facebook to see if he had the game I'm looking for, but never had any luck of it being in stock. Doesn't sound like there's any wish list (not that it was expected).
    In essence, watch the FB page but probably not much chance of coming across most of the pins unless you could get there in person.

IMHO, there are too many eyeballs on coinopwarehouse to be able to get something you want at a good price these days.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

IMHO, there are too many eyeballs on coinopwarehouse to be able to get something you want at a good price these days.

Agreed!!! I'm sure there are people sitting at the PC hitting F5 all day long. It would be allot worse if he wasn't a business page and people were able to get alerts for every single item that he listed.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

He explained to me what the reasoning is for that. These days being that pins are kind of a hot commodity the warehouse owners that he buys from have wised up and are trying to cash in, asking a lot more per machine than what they were asking 5-10 years ago. He deals with one guy that won't let him take anything unless he drops at least 20K per visit. So basically, he's paying more, so he has to sell higher to make up for that. Makes total sense to me. Even if we think the price is to high, everything he lists sells eventually because there's always someone wiling to pay more, especially over in Europe.

Completely agree.

#26 3 years ago

I mostly look at his facebook to see some neat items I've never seen before.

#27 3 years ago

I got my Star Slugger from them. Couldn't have been happier with how it went. I asked if it was complete. They answered yes. I asked for a couple extra pictures which they provided. I sent them the money and arranged shipping. The game arrived in the condition I expected. No better, no worse. I would deal with them again in a heartbeat.

But as others have said. If you are looking for plug and play go somewhere else. They are more of a turn and burn shop. Expect to do some work on your purchase when you get it.

#28 3 years ago

If you're ever in the area stop by his place, it's worth the time! He has a very large "showroom" and stuff you may not have realize that he had (or that he knew he had)! I took a trip down with another Pinsider and spent probably 2 hours just walking through the place an looking at stuff. It was neat to see that Lloyd had saved crates that the OLD jukeboxes came in as well as other old stuff. His place is a business but there is also stuff in there that he doesn't sell that makes it like a museum!

#29 3 years ago

I went to the warehouse one day when I was in the area. Everything I looked at was either already sold or was being held for a "good customer". I had to chase him down and seem to bother him to get a price on everything. I gave up and left. Another time I called ahead to make sure he would be there because his hours are not set and he gave me a time and date to meet him. Showed up, no Lloyd. I called him on the phone and he said there's a delay and he'll be there in an hour. OK, that happens, time to set down and eat. Called from the restaurant and he is still an hour away. I had a drink and gave him another hour, called again. He was still an hour away. I left and have never thought of going back. I have friends that love Lloyd and others who won't deal with him. Like others in this thread have said, it's a crap shoot. I am in no way bashing the man, I've bought lots of stuff from him on eBay and been happy. I just don't look at his FB page an longer and don't think of him when looking for something.

#30 3 years ago

I have known Lloyd for about 10 years now and personally I think he is a great guy and a very good businessman. But the days of buying from him are long gone for me. Up until 3 or 4 years ago - if you tried hard you could still get a great deal from him once in a while - but these days he has gotten so big and so involved with his International buyers it just isn't the same dealing with him.

His prices are typically higher than you can find machines other places, it is a total crapshoot what condition a machine is in that he is selling, he has always been too busy to really talk to you, and for me it has just become "not worth it" to deal with him.

Over the years I have bought tons of parts from him as well as about 8 or 10 machines. But I don't even look anymore because typically his machines are selling for 25 to 40% more than it is logical to pay for them and they still sell instantly.

I like Lloyd personally & I envoy what he has built (likely being one of the biggest buyers & sellers of coin op stuff in the world) but it just isn't practical for me to try to buy from him these days.

We live less than an hour from his two warehouses and I have only been to his place once and that was to deliver a machine he bought from me.

If you are looking to kill some time and see something amazing stop by and check out his operation some day. If you are looking for a decent deal on a machine these days I need to say Coinopwarehouse isn't the place to be looking. But if you do happen to hit him on a good day you might still get lucky. He loves to keep stuff moving so sometimes if you wave cash in front of him there is still a great deal hiding at COW.

#31 3 years ago

I was interested in an item hebwas selling. I tried to ask a few basic questions about it and got the " I'm doing you a huge favor by selling this to you" vibe.
    No thanks

2 years later
    #32 9 months ago

Somewhat incredulously, I just learned how it works: The first person to explicitly type "I take it" on his FB page gets it, regardless of...

...whether you sent a PM five hours prior to anyone else.

...publicly replied "sent PM" to the page.

...a public conversation thanking people who tagged you, confirming this was the item you were looking for.

...watching others chime in about how happy they would be, now that the item was heading to a museum dedicated to pinball.

Thus, even if you're Elton John on your deathbed raising money for underprivileged kids, that Captain Fantastic is going to Arthur McFastfinger in Duluth because he knows the magic phrase which bypasses all manner of business etiquette which every respectable pinball buyer across the world wide web knows by heart.

Needless to say, we were surprised by the outcome and aren't terribly thrilled with it.

It's not the loss of the item, but the decision that shaving five seconds from the day by not replying with, "I have an interested buyer. Want it?" was more important than supporting a public pinball museum and an obviously interested first responder who was ready to pay full price and act quickly.

No biggie, we'll find another. From another seller.

#33 9 months ago

There's way too many eyeballs on that place to be able to get a deal. The seller has no trouble moving stuff, so whomever is the lowest hanging fruit gets it.

#34 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's way too many eyeballs on that place to be able to get a deal. The seller has no trouble moving stuff, so whomever is the lowest hanging fruit gets it.

I figured saying “I’m interested in buying it” would’ve been enough to signal that I was interested in buying it. All I needed was a confirmation... cash was ready.

An assumption was made upon their behalf that “PM’s equal negotiation” and thus we were passed over, regardless of context or who we represent (which was also known).

RPM seeks to build relationships with supportive businesses and sellers. If business is so brisk that five seconds of clarification is asking too much, we should obviously shop elsewhere.

#35 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stuff is way overpriced for what you get anyway....

#36 9 months ago

Although he does maintain a brick and mortar store and several warehouses, he definitely has an interesting on-line business model.

1. Bring in games.
    2. Don't clean or shop.
    3. Take pictures.
    4. Throw out a price at least 40% higher than a working game.
    5. Add description.
    6. Wait 30 seconds for an "I'LL TAKE IT!!!"
    7. Respond with "It's yours"
    8. Tack on another $400 to $600 and ship it out the door.

#37 9 months ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Stuff is way overpriced for what you get anyway....

Agree. Years ago, you could get a deal...no more.

#38 9 months ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Agree. Years ago, you could get a deal...no more.

Trust me i literally live 2 min away.. if there were any deals id grab them.... ive never bought from them bc i can get a nice condition working pin for what they charge for a project.

#39 9 months ago

Sons a bitches tried selling me a non working millionaire for 1400.

F.

That.

#40 9 months ago

From my perspective, he gets top dollar because he ships to Europe and around the world. i feel he gets it because they trust him and he delivers even though it may be 20-25% higher then what we pay over in the USA. I will never buy from him, like many of you guys, but if I had someone I can trust delivering something rare (to me) I would pAy a little extra for it. P.s. he's selling non working stuff for higher than I can get for working stuff.

#41 9 months ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Sons a bitches tried selling me a non working millionaire for 1400.
    F.
    That.

Happy you said tried, and didn't get taken! Agree F that.

#42 9 months ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

I figured saying “I’m interested in buying it” would’ve been enough to signal that I was interested in buying it.

I think, in their minds, "I'm interested" is not as definitive as "I'll take it".

#43 9 months ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I think, in their minds, "I'm interested" is not as definitive as "I'll take it".

And that's even less definitive than sending the money. I think that's how it all works out. See it, say I'll take it, send the money, it's yours. At least from my reading of the Facebook posts.

#44 9 months ago
    Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

From my perspective, he gets top dollar because he ships to Europe and around the world. i feel he gets it because they trust him and he delivers even though it may be 20-25% higher then what we pay over in the USA. I will never buy from him, like many of you guys, but if I had someone I can trust delivering something rare (to me) I would pAy a little extra for it. P.s. he's selling non working stuff for higher than I can get for working stuff.

This is the big thing. Most of his stuff is going in containers and overseas or to people who are willing to pay market price or over market price on a gamble, but a "get it right now no waiting without looking for the game yourself gamble". I'm not in either one of those camps so he's not for me, but he clearly has no trouble moving games and for every person that won't buy from him he has 3 waiting to step in. He's not looking to negotiate, deal, or hassle at all really and since people buy his stuff anyway he doesn't need to. Annoying for us, absolutely, but he's got both the buying power and the audience so I wouldn't hold your breath if you send him a list of questions about a game because he'll have 4 "I'll take it!"s by the time you type them out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 149.00
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 279.95
    $ 14.95
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 59.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside