• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Alby87
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

I am considering buying a ColorDMD LCD for my Twilight Zone, apparently you need V9.4H but I have only found V9.4CH to purchase. The difference being that in 9.4H is free play and CH accepts coins again.
Does anyone know if I will have issues with this Rom version?

Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago

My friend Welby Bergum had a TZ with a color LED display and it worked fine with 9.4CH.

#3 6 years ago

Works fine

#4 6 years ago

Best not to discuss that mod too much. That CH ROM is what let us to never getting any future updates to TZ ever

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Best not to discuss that mod too much. That CH ROM is what let us to never getting any future updates to TZ ever

Really, may I ask what happened or it it a sore subject?!?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from mazzaneo:

Really, may I ask what happened or it it a sore subject?!?

9.4H was released by Ted Estes as a gift to the TZ community with all the extra features that don’t exist on 9.2.(3rd Magnet mode, auto start LITZ, flipper hold, a bunch more) with the EXPRESS understanding that it be home use only, as I believe he was not sure of how Williams would feel about the release, so he removed the code to allow coin-op so operators would not put it on location. 9.4CH was hacked and released against his wishes and he got pissed off (understandably) and said there would never be another release. He had other code in the works at that time too. And there has never has been another release since (I think it’s been 10years). Not sure I have all the facts right but that’s the general story. There’s a thread about it on Usenet; it’s linked in the TZ thread

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

9.4H was released by Ted Estes as a gift to the TZ community with all the extra features that don’t exist on 9.2.(3rd Magnet mode, auto start LITZ, flipper hold, a bunch more) with the EXPRESS understanding that it be home use only, as I believe he was not sure of how Williams would feel about the release, so he removed the code to allow coin-op so operators would not put it on location. 9.4CH was hacked and released against his wishes and he got pissed off (understandably) and said there would never be another release. He had other code in the works at that time too. And there has never has been another release since (I think it’s been 10years). Not sure I have all the facts right but that’s the general story. There’s a thread about it on Usenet; it’s linked in the TZ thread

I think it's been about 20 years?.

Rob

#8 6 years ago

Wasn’t one of the rumored additional code features going to be passing the ball back and forth between the magnets? That would have been cool. TZ could also really benefit from a super wizard mode.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wasn’t one of the rumored additional code features going to be passing the ball back and forth between the magnets? That would have been cool. TZ could also really benefit from a super wizard mode.

In 9.4H, Ted brought back a 'Magnet Catch' - a verion of the 'Magnet Toss' that was originally planned for Multiball Start. He wanted to bring all of it back in 9.4H, but it wasn't ready - too many variances between games had it failing a lot of time. So he had slated it for 9.5H. Which, well..

You can see the magnet *toss* and catch here:

(My video, made from a 9.32H, a beta of 9.4H.)

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In 9.4H, Ted brought back a 'Magnet Catch' - a verion of the 'Magnet Toss' that was originally planned for Multiball Start. He wanted to bring all of it back in 9.4H, but it wasn't ready - too many variances between games had it failing a lot of time. So he had slated it for 9.5H. Which, well..
» YouTube video (My video, made from a 9.32H, a beta of 9.4H.)

Wow, have never seen that before. Very cool, thanks for sharing the video.
That would be a neat option/addition for the games it did work on...

It's a shame about 9.5. It's too bad Ted allowed a single idiot to undermine his goodwill efforts and spoil things for everyone else.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Wow, have never seen that before. Very cool, thanks for sharing the video.
That would be a neat option/addition for the games it did work on...
It's a shame about 9.5. It's too bad Ted allowed a single idiot to undermine his goodwill efforts and spoil things for everyone else.

It only ever takes one to screw the pooch for everyone no matter what the hobby or situation is.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That's so cool. Wish I had that on my game.

#13 6 years ago

This year is 25th anniversary of TZ... Would be a wonderful miracle if a 9.5 would be released

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-someone-confirm-if-colordmd-will-work-with-tz-v94ch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.