(Topic ID: 156207)

Can someone confirm settings for paragon with altek board?

By tdiddy

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Grizlyrig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM00614_(resized).jpg
1459356727482-326160820_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I got paragon that came with an altek mpu. Game boots but had issues with coils not firing and switches triggering wrong coils. I thought it was the driver board so I got a new driver board from altek, but I'm still having the same issues. The wire harness is clean with no hacks, so I'm completely stumped on this. This is what I have my switches set at

1459356727482-326160820_(resized).jpg1459356727482-326160820_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Here is a link to the manual.

http://www.allteksystems.com/pdfs/Complete_Manual_Ver_F.pdf

00001111 is the correct setting.

If the MPU was used in a different game and then moved to the Paragon it needs to be reset per the memory clear settings and then set to Paragon. There is information that gets loaded in to memory the first time the card is powered on.

#3 8 years ago

1-4 down , 5-8 up ,looks correct.
Mike

CAM00614_(resized).jpgCAM00614_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago

Did a reset on it, seems like the sound is right now. But still having problems with coils, the inlines don't even come up on game start up. Middle pop fires the right sling, left sling is dead. Kick outs trigger other pops. Idk where to start

#5 8 years ago

Is it possible the mpu board is bad?

#6 8 years ago

I would double check your connectors first. Make sure they are plugged in correctly and that they are wired correctly.

Also, did you just to the NVRAM reset or did you do the dip switch reset by turning the machine off, setting the machine selection to the clear memory setting, turning the machine off, setting the selection to Paragon, and then turning the machine back on?

#7 8 years ago

Kinda doubt it,try to find schematics for the machine so you can use the tone on multimeter and start tracing and making a map of the harness to the boards.That way you atleast know if the proper transistor is matched with coil. I had to do this with my Alien Poker(same issues),with my wife helping we had it mapped out and harness fixed in 3 hours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-some-confirm-settings-for-paragon-with-altek-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.