Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to set up Safecracker to award the player a virtual token, rather than a real one, which then can use to play 'Assault the Vault' mode after the game finishes.

I've been scanning the manual, but it is not clear to me if this is possible and if it is which settings it should be on to do this. If this is actually possible and somebody can direct me as to what settings I should put the machine on to make this happen, I would be very appreciative.

#2 5 years ago

I do not believe that is possible. I have never seen it in the settings.

#3 5 years ago

Not a feature in the game code.

To play Assault on the Vault, you have to trigger the switch attached to the token mechanism.

#4 5 years ago

I'm sure someone could figure a way to use the token release trigger signal to trigger the token coin switch. Not me though I don't own a SC

#5 5 years ago

There is an opto that reads when a token spits out of the token mech....could the opto send a dual signal to the token mech switch?

#6 5 years ago

What's a bag of American tokens go for these days? They were 15 in a bag if I remember and going for large money

#7 5 years ago

I've played Safecrackers that award "Magic Credit"s instead of tokens. If there's a "Magic Credit" on the game, then the next time the game is started it will be Assault The Vault mode

#8 5 years ago

Complete set of 300 recently sold on eBay for 173.00

#9 5 years ago

I think there's a disable magic coin setting on my game that might do what you want.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Complete set of 300 recently sold on eBay for 173.00

That is not a bad price honestly.

#11 5 years ago

Darth is right.. if the dispenser is disabled, the game will award a magic credit instead of a token. Next push of the start button gets an Assault.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is not a bad price honestly.

I know, it would have been higher but I stopped bidding.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Darth is right.. if the dispenser is disabled, the game will award a magic credit instead of a token. Next push of the start button gets an Assault.

Thanks for the info guys. From what I can see the manual makes no mention of how to turn off or disable the dispenser in the menu. If there are no tokens present in the tubes, will it will do this automatically or is this a menu setting I have missed somewhere?

As a bit of a novelty I have placed a Safecracker out on site along with a few other machines. I would truly love for it to spit out Safecracker tokens to the players, but due to the value of these, I would end up with no tokens very quickly. Has anybody used alternate tokens that the machine will actually dispense? I've tried several similar sized tokens, but after the first one the dispenser jams up.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Thanks for the info guys. From what I can see the manual makes no mention of how to turn off or disable the dispenser in the menu. If there are no tokens present in the tubes, will it will do this automatically or is this a menu setting I have missed somewhere?
As a bit of a novelty I have placed a Safecracker out on site along with a few other machines. I would truly love for it to spit out Safecracker tokens to the players, but due to the value of these, I would end up with no tokens very quickly. Has anybody used alternate tokens that the machine will actually dispense? I've tried several similar sized tokens, but after the first one the dispenser jams up.

I'm running 30mm pachislo tokens in mine. The originals are in a bag in the coin box. I bought the tokens on eBay about 6 or 7 years ago when I took my SC to Expo. I can't remember if the 30mm pachislo tokens are the same as the domestic or import size as my coin mech is adjusted to take either.

#15 5 years ago

I wonder how much it would cost to have the American coins remade?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I wonder how much it would cost to have the American coins remade?

I think it would be cool to make tokens with new designs on them that would fit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 37.50
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside