I finally jump in the world of pinball owners and bought my first pinball machine, an Aztec (EM) 1976 by Williams. The machine was in great condition for the age. I repaired a couple of things, here's the list :
- Left Flipper "machine gunning" : Replaced the coil
- Xylophone had a bad tone : replaced rubber washers
- Light wasn't switching between bumpers/special : Cleaned contacts on the match unit.
- Replaced the ball
- Replace flip rubbers
- 6th digit was missing on all 4 players. It's a fixed digit so I just need to find a replacement. Finally, found the PDF template on internet. Print them on glossy paper and stick them with double side tape. Looks pretty nice and similar!
Now I have 2 problems remaining.
1) When adding players in the game, there's at the bottom right a display named "CAN PLAY" with 4 lamps : 1, 2, 3, 4
Actually, only lamps 1 & 3 works. In case we play 2 or 4 players the lamps doesn't light up.
I checked the schematics & manual and found the player unit which is suppose to do the trick. The contacts are moving at the right position on player 2 or 4 but no light..
Unit is on page 17 of the PDF manual (page 15 of the real manual) : http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/119/Williams_1976_Aztec_Instruction_Manual.pdf
2) The game start as soon as I insert coin. I would like the game work like this : Add a coin, increment 1 credit. Game only start if I press the start button. If I want 2 players, I press 2 times... I don't understand the explanations in the manual. I am sure this is something easy to do but...
Thanks for your help