(Topic ID: 307415)

Can not leave feedback unless it's positive now?

By Jecco74

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27D124CF-351D-4CCB-8395-35DC27FF29B5.gif
    497f624b78f62e3fda7e51567a5880ff (resized).jpeg
    3EA4A39F-B5BD-4F5B-9C46-F54FDE7A4013 (resized).jpeg
    06a17ba1145f6fa778f215c550844a7c2b9693a9 (resized).jpeg
    45821e554b404da994032602f05f0439218bee96 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0620 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Great feedback, this gives me some ideas to work with...
    How about re-enabling the ability to leave negative feedback, but limit it so that only people who have messaged with a Pinsider in the past x weeks (and with regards to a Marketplace ad) can leave negative feedback?
    Technically this is doable: the site can detect if you were in recent PM contact with the person you are trying to leave feedback for. It can also see whether that contact was with regards to an ad. It could even check to make sure that the PM thread has at least X messages. After all, we don't want retaliatory feedback, just because someone got ignored for making a low ball offer (i.e. a PM thread with under 4 messages is unlikely to be a successful sale).

I like this idea. I think the ability to leave positive or negative feedback helps both the seller and the buyer in the long run. There will always be situations where it's abused, but no system is perfect. I think the positives of being able to do both far outweigh the negatives.

One of the business lessons I was taught was to make decisions based upon what happens 90% of the time and to just deal with the other 10% when it comes. Assuming historically the old feedback system worked properly at least 90% of the time, my preference would be to bring it back.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Past results (like positive feedback) are in no way indicative of future results with a seller, though.

If this is the case, do you also think past negative feedback is not indicative of future results with a seller?

I am not trying to start anything, just curious on your thoughts. I agree with being careful and doing your due diligence. The Pinside feedback system is only one data point to consider, but for me, it is a very helpful one nonetheless.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. Because there are some unreasonable buyers here who don't understand that even though a machine might work at your house, once it's transported, switches can get knocked out of alignment and connectors can come loose. I've seen guys here blame sellers for that as if they were hiding something. Ignorance can rear its ugly head in ways that affect innocent people.

Yep. I get what you are saying. I can totally see that. And it definitely can tarnish a seller's perfect ratings without good cause.

For me, I also look at the individual who has left feedback regardless if it's negative or positive. If all the seller's positive feedback are from pinsiders who have been active for less than a year, that also sounds an alarm for me. (I lean more towards the skeptical side). I tend to value the feedback of someone who has years of pinside activity with good ratings over a noob. And that's why I initially stated that over the long term, having the ability to leave positive and negative feedback is important. I rarely find anything online whether it be a product or seller (ebay, amazon, etc) with 100% perfect scores anymore.

But based upon your Pinside profile (activity and positive feedback), I would not hesitate to do a deal with you (provided you are willing to work with me)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-not-leave-feedback-unless-it-s-positive-now?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.