(Topic ID: 307415)

Can not leave feedback unless it's positive now?

By Jecco74

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27D124CF-351D-4CCB-8395-35DC27FF29B5.gif
    497f624b78f62e3fda7e51567a5880ff (resized).jpeg
    3EA4A39F-B5BD-4F5B-9C46-F54FDE7A4013 (resized).jpeg
    06a17ba1145f6fa778f215c550844a7c2b9693a9 (resized).jpeg
    45821e554b404da994032602f05f0439218bee96 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0620 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

I recently had a poor experience purchasing a Rob Zombie LE from JAKETHESNAKE181. It's my fault for not calling him out on the poor pictures or doing a complete inspection of the machine when he delivered it. He did have 100% positive feedback and I assumed everything would go well. I prepaid for the machine($7,000). He delivered it for an additional $500(10 hr drive). When he showed up I was having a pingolf tournament. It was dark and busy in my game room. I didn't look over the machine in detail. The next day I took off the glass and started to clean the playfield. I then noticed that the clear coat was missing around the center Hell Bound insert. I reached out to the seller and he initially stated "i dont know what to expect on clearcoat issues with spooky, it may be common." then I offered to drive the machine back to him 10 hrs away for a refund. I asked if we could come up with a resolution. He has not responded to my request or DM. I would even split the cost of a playfield swap. Am I being unreasonable to ask for a refund or a resolution that works best for both of us now that the deal is done?
    What is our recourse here on pinside if you can't leave negative feedback other than creating a thread like this?[quoted image]

you definitely should not have accepted without a better inspection but whether you deserve a refund I think depends on the descriptions of the machine you were initially given.

Person to person sales are done as is so unless he said things like no playfield wear or in perfect condition I think this one falls on you for lack of inspection, as shitty as it is that he's ghosting you now. (which makes me think he knew and was happy you never looked)

Minty mint is far from what you got though so I think you have recourse.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

What can be done? Nothing. Transaction has already occurred and now you unfortunately own an overpriced RZ with playfield wear.
    Damn right the seller drove 10 hours to unload it.
    But if you were planning on keeping it anyway because you're a big RZ fan, time to break out a Sharpie.

Sales like this are as-is, but putting minty mint in the description means something.

I would take it to small claims court if the guy keeps ghosting.

#27 2 years ago

Sellers should be required to indicate which user bought the machine so that user can be authorized to leave feedback. I'm sure scammers like this would just game the system but they could be restricted from selling for constantly saying "someone off site bought it" when it's not true. It would be really easy for the OP to prove he bought the machine since he now has it in his possession and can take pics to prove it.

I know several other marketplaces that ask you who you sold it to when you mark the item as sold and they usually use who you've been messaging as the list of options.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

No need to put extra rules in place, I feel bad for the op but they didn't ask for better pictures in decent lighting or inspect it properly when dropped off. I have done some similar things when buying games but blamed myself for not being more diligent and just moved on.

Their lack of inspection was partly based on the description saying it was minty though. Do you think they would have inspected it closer if the ad had said there was playfield wear? The answer is undoubtedly yes.

As is sales still don't allow for deception by the seller, They have to be honest on the ad.

It would allow them to bring back negative feedback in a way that avoids the issue it originally caused so I think it's worth looking into.
    Also makes it easier to catch if people are faking sales to push the market up.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Hi all! Thanks for posting your concerns.
    If you haven't read my reasoning behind the removal of the negative recommendations feature yet, please do so: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/negative-recommendations-feature-removed
    In short: giving Pinsiders the ability to leave other Pinsiders unsolicited negative feedback, without having any evidence of an actual sale taking place is the base of this issue and the reason for removing the 'feature'.
    The current system is simply dependent on the seller inviting the buyer (which is not likely to happen if the seller knows beforehand that the feedback will be poor). Could there be another way to link buyer and seller? To make sure that feedback is legit, or at least based on an actual sale taking place? Right now, I don't see it but open for suggestions!

Kijiji asks you after you sell an item who the buyer was and it gives you options based on who you have been messaging lately. Obviously the seller could choose not to answer or lie but if you have problem sellers who are constantly saying it was someone else not on this site who bought it you could probably figure out that they are lying pretty easily. The buyer could also indicate that they were the one who bought it with a chance for the seller to appeal. It shouldn't be that hard to prove who is lying if the buyer can produce pictures of the same machine that was sold.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-not-leave-feedback-unless-it-s-positive-now?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.