Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by billycrna
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dawson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just put some LEDS in the inserts of a high speed and now have a speaker hum that wasn't there before

Nothing has changed , went over my work a couple times . "It's a fricken light bulb ..right"!

Maybe it's the pulse of the "strobing effect"? Other G.I. Have gotten dimmer and pulse as well

Has this happen to anyone else.

Thanks

#4 9 years ago

They are pinball bulbs ,the non ghosting good ones. Would those make incandescent 44's in the G.I.'s dim a bit, the bulbs below the slings seems stressed , as I believe the NG type bulbs have a small resister in them?

I can live with the hum because they look so fricken good

Thanks tj

#6 9 years ago

Yeah I do not use NG type bulbs in the GI's...

And yeah I realize they do draw less power , just seems weird... Not sure why the left half I simmer then the half

#9 9 years ago

Wayout... Sorry I misspoke, I'm uneducated in proper typing skills and sometimes just talking on paper seems to be an undertaking

For the insert "controlled" lamps I always go NG , for the global I also use regular LEDs , and I always use pinball bails , I just had the best luck with them and the shipping takes a day ..

Bax, yeah good call , I need to get a couple tools to clean sockets , like a brass pipe cleaner of te right size , what do you use ? Funny the dimness is only on one side , just coincidence I'm sure ..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dawson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-leds-cause-speaker-hum?tu=Dawson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.