(Topic ID: 235448)

Can in-line drop targets drop themselves?

By lpeters82

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by bkxdream
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm sure this is a total noob question, but can the coil in in-line drop targets bring the targets down or is can the coil only reset them? For example, if a ball was stuck behind the drop target in Metallica, can the game drop the targets to clear it out? I'm trying to picture it in my head, but drawing a blank.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It can only reset them.
    You need another coil to move them down, which happens a lot in the past.

Is there a in-line drop target bracket available for purchase that has two coils?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Trying to think what No Fear has...since that is moved up/down a lot.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/1-bank-smart-drop-target-assembly-left.html

Yeah, I know a game like TNA has direct control over each individual target. I don't have a need for individual target control, so I was hoping perhaps one coil could be used to drive all three drop targets together. I do have need for them to be set either up or down. Sounds like it will take a minimum of two or three coils, though looking at that it's clearly possible to drive a single target up or down with a single coil. I'm sure it's possible to drive three at the same time, but perhaps the part just doesn't exist.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-in-line-drop-targets-drop-themselves?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.