(Topic ID: 229577)

Can I ship a T3 Terminator 3 “ Gun Handle “ to Australia ?

By ripple

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinballer73
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a25 (resized).JPG
a24 (resized).JPG
a23 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

I was going to sell this T3 “ gun “ to a guy in Australia but now I’m worried it could have problems in customs. Any ideas or experiences with this ?

a23 (resized).JPGa24 (resized).JPGa25 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

I ship ramps to Australia regularly and never had any problems. USPS is the best and cheapest way to go. Expect you could ship it easily for $25 or less.....just regular first class mail. You will have to fill out a customs document at the Post Office, but that is easy. Just show it as Pinball Machine Parts. Feel free to put the correct value on it (a lot of folks in other countries ask for this to be reduced to lessen the "duty" they will have to pay). Duty does not apply in Australia until the value exceeds $1,000.00. I ship only regular mail to keep the cost down and transit time has been 6-14 days. It can actually be tracked in the USPS Postal system by the US Customs number assigned.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

#3 2 years ago

I don't have any first-hand experience shipping these, but based on what I have read in the past, anything remotely shaped like a gun or gun part will be confiscated. Light guns for gun games are very hard to import here. My gut feeling is that this handle will definitely be withheld unless you provide more evidence of what it is and what it's for. But again, hopefully someone here has some first-hand experience.

#4 2 years ago

To increase the chances of not having it confiscated, print the page from the manual showing the handle as a part and include that in the box. That way anyone opening the box to examine the contents will have further proof as to what the item is and its intended use.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside