Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jeffro01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20210324_224943760 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210227_034208765 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210130_164028797 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210128_002422014 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210128_002047219 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210325_192641 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bitternerd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

These are obviously based on the design on thingiverse so I hope you are the original designer or tip him/her well if you decide to sell.

I made some of these and the time, materials cost, printer wear etc were not even close to worth it for profit, only for fun.

The original design was too small for pint cups and they would split the weak ass 3d layering so, if you haven't, I would suggest increasing the diameter.

The brackets were weak as hell too and did not hold up on route until I designed extra material where the angle occurs in the bracket.

Also would suggest a hole in the bottom if they may be at bars or they will fill with stale beer.

I decided it was easier/ cheaper/ stronger to get pingulps and add a design (sticker or a thin 3d printed plaque treated in acetone bath).

And then I just kind of lost interest as they broke or got stolen.

Your designs are cool though- but I would just share with friends instead of a lot of work for not much money.

Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bitternerd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-i-sell-these-3d-printed-cupholders?tu=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.