2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jimy_speedt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0001 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hi,

For a Zaccaria which has a defective relay coil, I found a replacement part with the size (fit into the bracket) and resistance. The original part cannot be found. Only Zac sends 39vdc to its coils and the rare spec I found about the replacement relay says it is a 24v. I might have to add a diode on it.

Knowing that the coil will be triggered for a second only, then stopped, do I run a risk in using this part ?

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

I think that really depends on the specs for the relay you choose, so we would need to see a datasheet. Relays "can" operate at higher voltages than rated...but they will have to dissipate more heat. 12 VDC automotive relays operate up to the maximum voltage of a fully charged lead-acid battery, about 15 VDC.

#3 2 years ago

It is really tough to get the specs and when you order at Marco, they do not have a clue of what they are selling (by the way this is a good shop

The difficulty is the following, it is a relay coil which is less thick than the common relay coil. when activated it attracts the metallic plate. This plate ends with a kind of arm that releases a drop down target (from down to up position).

The original coil is a Zaccaria D355 S750, on the internet the only part available with this spec is a common coil working with a plunger and thicker than the relay I am looking for. See picture.

D355 corresponds to AWG 27. I found a WMS M1-27-700 at Marco which is a bank reset coil. If these is no diode I will add it. The issue is now that this coil operates normally with 24v. It was not written on MArco's site and I found it by chance on a list of coil's on the internet.

If someone can advise what replacement coil, still on the market, I could you use it would be helpful

IMG_0001 (resized).JPG

#5 2 years ago

No it is the other one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 9.99
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 14.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside